Chapter 4

He still couldn't believe what happened today. Jungkook asked him out, well, kind of at least. Exiting the elevator, Taehyung released his breath, eyes scanning the floor. With hope in his eyes he looked through the postbox.

"Bingo", To Taehyung from Jungkook. He couldn't help but grin as he practically jumped into his apartment. A coat and shoes covered the wooden floor as he hurriedly headed for his sofa.

All he could think about was the letter. He brought the paper up to his nose. It smelled like him. It smelled like Jungkook. He opened the envelope with wide eyes taking in every detail.

"Hi! The movie starts at 8pm. I thought we could walk together to the cinema, it's only three blocks away.
I'll pick you up outside your door at 7.30 pm.
Looking forward to it, Jungkook."

Taehyung read the note over and over again. He pressed the fragrant letter to his chest. He didn't want to let it go…..

—-------------------

The week had been going well. He loved his work. The clients were kind, his knowledge in the industry was making it easy and he of course had great luck getting such a chill boss.

"Have a lovely day, cum again!"
A young couple left the store smiling thanks to the cheeky signature phrase.

Taehyung went to the back room picking up his bag and coat. He turned around and collided with his boss holding a big carton box.

"Oh, sorry…. Wait? You have been smiling non stop all day, why?"

Namjoon put down the box in the corner of the room stretching his back.

Taehyung tried to wipe off his smile as he answered but he couldn't help it.

"Namjoon, are you telling me that I'm usually in a bad mood at work?"

"Haha of course not." He went back out to the counter with Taehyung following him. "It's just that today you have been in an extremely good mood."

"Aish it's nothing." Taehyung could feel the heat spreading on his cheeks, his eyes only seeing his feet on the store floor.

*Ping.
"Hi baby."

The handsome man aka Namjoon's partner came in through the door. He went behind the counter giving the boss a quick peck on his cheek then turning to Taehyung.

"Hi Taehyung, are you finishing work now?"

"Yep." Taehyung looked like he was not present mentally in the conversation, his mind wandering away.

Jin's hot breath tickled Namjoon as he whispered.

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, he's been like this all day."

"Ah, maybe he tried the sacred gardens new gawk gawk 3000?"

"Aha- wait, how does that connect to his mood?" Namjoon looked quizzically at his boyfriend.

"I guess I will have to show you tonight and you will understand." Jins low voice made him flustered.

*Ping.

Taehyung left the store not knowing how long his boss's intimate moment would last.

The air was crispy and he was grateful he opted for the thicker coat this morning. Gripping his phone he looked at the screen that read 5 pm.

All he could think about going home from work today was his date tonight. Over an hour was spent on fixing his hair, makeup, outfit, accessories and he even did a little mirror practice working on his siren gaze.