Chapter 11

“I'm confused. Did Taehyung send you?”

The mixture of sweat, deodorant and shoes stank up the room. Despite the open window offering some fresh air and daylight, Jimin was convinced that this gym was a gym where only beasts went. Jimin's eyes scanned the tensing muscles on Jungkook as he was raising the bar far over his head, making every muscle beautifully defined.

“Yes, kind off. You see-” Jimin leaned over the bike next to Jungkook.

“Taehyung is a special man. A special man indeed. At times he can be a bit shy so that is why I-” Jimin pointed cheekily to himself.

“His absolute best friend, is here to help him. And also, I had nothing better to do.”

Still confused, Jungkook nodded as he took a sip from his water bottle.

“So, a dinner? At my apartment? Tonight? And you want to fix it and prepare?”

“Yes. Exactly.”

“I don't know.” Jimin noticed how Jungkook wasn't very easy to convince.

“Tell me one reason, can I speak informally to you?-” Jungkook hummed a yes in between the situps on the black yoga mat.

“Tell me one reason, Jungkook, why this isn't a perfect idea. You get to relax all day and later tonight you will get a surprise dinner with a beautiful, sexy and handsome man. It can't be better than that, can it?”

“Yes, well no. I don't want to give you my key, I don't feel very comfortable with that.”

“Okay, Jungkook-” Jimin hunched down in front of Jungkook.

“How about this, we'll fix the dinner together. I will be in charge and you can carry the things, how does that sound?”

“Carry? Carry what? Wasn't this just a dinner?”

“Jungkook, please. You need to focus. It's a surprise dinner for Kin Taeehyung, he deserves more than just a simple dinner, do you even know him? I'm starting to doubt that you do.”

“What? No. How can you say that? I know Taehyung. I know that he deserves more than the world can give him.” Jungkook huffed as he came to a stop, looking away from Jimin, his lips forming an adorable pout.

How can he say that I don't know Taehyung? Please, if anyone doesn't know him then it's him. I'm gonna show him, I'm going to show him that I know him.

“Fine, I'm going to take a shower then we can leave.”

“Great.”

Jungkook put away all his equipment, making sure to clean it all with the cleaning spray and paper. As he was walking toward the changing rooms, he felt how Jimin was walking closely behind him.

Turning around, Jungkook asked Jimin: “What are you doing?”

“Im walking?”

“I mean, what are you doing, walking, here?”

“I'm following you to the changing room, you know, for company, duh?”

Jimin smiled like it wasn't a big deal while Jungkook only could think of all the things Taehyung had told him about Jimin, He truly did seem like a pervert.

“No thanks, I'm okay, you can wait in the lobby, I'll be quick, give me 15 minutes.”

“Fine” Jimin rolled his eyes as he walked towards the lobby.
"Guess I can go to a changing room and look at men some other time.”

Walking out of the gym, the crispy blue air filled their lungs. With every step, snow pressed together making a very specific sound of winter.

“I still don't understand, no offense, but I think I could fix a dinner for Taehyung myself.”