「Until meet again」

[non-despair AU]
___________
______
___

Shuichi POV

Tonight it is snowing, in the city of Tokyo the streets, all roads are partially covered by white snow. Footsteps of people passed by, sparking a crowd.

I stood in the crowd while enjoying the hot coffee in my hand. I've been zoning out ever since, my mind seems empty. watching the steps of the people, one by one they walk away from my sight.

"Shuichi!"

Someone's voice called out to me from a distance, then I turned to her with a faint smile.

"Hey, Kaede"

"Sorry for keeping you waiting"

"Ah it's fine, anyway shall we go now?"

"Yep!"

Kaede and I walked together through the crowd of people on the street, we both held hands and Kaede pulled me. I don't know how long we've been dating, since we were in middle school we've had feelings for each other.

We continued walking until Kaede stopped in front of the Christmas shop with her face against the shop window to take a look. I forgot that today is Christmas, maybe I should celebrate this day with my friends.

"Shuichi, look! Those dolls looks cute!"

"Oh really?"

I approached the window and looked at the doll that Kaede was pointing at. a teddy bear wearing a santa outfit, sitting near a large gift box. Kaede's eyes sparkling pink looking at me pleadingly.

I sighed and nodded. She jumped up and down happily and hugged me.

"Thank you thank you so much, Shuichi!"

"Your welcome. You can wait here if you want"

"Okay!"

Then I entered the shop to buy the teddy bear. Haven't had time to pick it up, someone has taken it first and I just stared at it.

"Hm? Oh! You wanted this?"

He asked me. I accidentally stared at him for too long and he knows it now.

"U-Uh, y-yeah, it's for my girlfriend.."

"Oh my, sorry! I didn't know! Here have it, I can look for something else"

He handed me the doll then turned his back, walking away from me. I feel guilty for saying that, but I'm kind of familiar with his figure.

"Wait, is he dropping his wallet here?"

A wallet was lying on the floor, I immediately took it and rushed to run after him. He headed for the exit of the shop and walked further and further out of my reach. As fast as I could run after him, Kaede looked shocked and shouted my name.

My legs were so tired, I stopped for a while and then walked through the crowd. Among the many people around, he was the one who stood out in his white jacket and chess pattern scarf.

"Hey! Wait up!"

I tried calling him but he couldn't hear me because of the noise of people's footsteps.

"It's no use to calling him out!"

I ran up to him and pushed at each other the people who were in my way, and I managed to grab and hold tightly to his arm.

"Please wait!!"

"Eh?! What the-"

He turned to me with a surprised face. I was trying to catch my breath after running before until I returned his purse that had fallen.

"Here...you left it there.."

"Oh, thank you"

The man answered curtly, taking his wallet back from my hand. His eyes welled up and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Eh?! Uhm! H-Hey, what's wrong?!"

I panicked, tried to calm him down then he wiped his tears and looked at me with a smile.

"Hehehe, Shuichi you're still not changing much huh?"

How did he know my name? Who really is he? Is he someone I know?

"Huh.. uhm, how did you know my name?"

"It's a secret~"

He placed his finger on his lips and winked at me. I was so confused, don't know what really happened, he just left me with a sentence.

"Until we meet again someday, Shuichi!"

E N D