「Is it a good-bye?」

[Adult AU]
____________
______
__

Shuichi POV

Forest. Yeah, exactly. My foot standing on the ground covers in leaf's, in the middle of nowhere but tree surrounded me. The tree blocking the sun so it's seem to be a little dark.

I stand there, I don't know what am I doing here. Sunddely a child run coming from between the trees. She bump into me, maybe she doesn't see me. I bent down and give her a little pat on head.

"Hey little girl, why are you here? Wheres your parents?"

I asked her. She simply points at the deep forest. I look at the direction and a figure of someone walking out from forest towards me with a familiar face. He looks shorter and has a purple hair. He looks someone that I known for a long time but who?

"Ko-chan! Don't run into strangers like that!!"

He yells at the little girl who is hidding behind me.

He look at me. Our eyes meet each other. Those reflection of the sun sparkling in his eyes. We stare for a moment until I finally snap out and holds the little girl.

"..hey uh....Kokichi, are you by any chance is this little one parents?"

"Oh Shu, wassup. Yeah, she's always running to nowhere and I had to chase her."

"That must be so rough."

I giggle after that. The little girl slowly moved to Kokichi and they're both holding hands. I suppose that they both definitely look cute after all. Did he really have a family? Am...I really that late to confess my feelings to him?

"So how are you?"

"I'm fine, it's just a little hard for me to handle things by myself since I'm a single parent."

"Ah I see, goodluck with that."

"Shuichi!"

I heard a voice calling out my name. I turn my back and saw Kaede running towards me. She came and hold my hand, she must be confuse what she see now in front of her.

"Kokichi? It's been so long!"

"Kaede?.. wait, you both are wife and husband?!"

He's surprised when he say that. I'm sure that he notice our weeding ring though, but...does he even know that I like him before Kaede?

"Yeah! We are and what about you? You seem already have a child."

"Oh, she's just my adopted child. But why didn't you both invited me?!"

"S-Sorry, since you were so hard to contact so..."

"You're right, my phone is broken so my fault then."

It's rather an awkward conversation now. But I see a little drop tears coming from his eyes or maybe I'm just imagining.

After a little reunion for awhile, Kaede, Kokichi and I decide to parts away. We say goodbye to each other. Kokichi is there, standing while waving his hands and his child smilling and waving as well. I couldn't imagine how lonely he must be.

Kokichi POV

He holding into the girl who he loved hands. A lucky pretty girl deserve better than I am. He...is already together with her. I'm upset, a bit, but I think I won't ruin his happiness after what I did to him in the past. I regretting to not telling him earlier. This is the truth that I have to accept but my heart's keep denying it!
Is it so wrong to fell in love with a guy who is already have someone in his life?

"KOKICHI!"

Am I wrong?

His voice screaming my name out loud. I lift up my chin and he sunddely hugged me, wrapped around his arms around me with warmth. The moment we deciding to say goodbye I was ready to be heart broken but...

"I'm...sorry that this is have to be painful goodbyes for you. I'm sorry that I cannot tell you about my feelings to you since we're first meet!"

".....I like you, too."

E N D