Chapter 3

The Boys POV
————————————————————
     "So what's this chicks deal" Nikki asked taking a seat on the couch.
     "Well before you jump the gun you should know that she just turned 18 last month." Vince said with pursed lips.
     "Really?" Nikki said with raised eyebrows and leaned against his hand. "I didn't think she was that young"
     "Yeah I know."
     "What's up now?" Tommy asked not hearing their conversation.
     "She's only 18" Nikki said looking surprised
     "Like a fresh 18. Last month was her birthday" Vince added
     "Oh shit. Didn't know that. Good thing I called her when I did."
     "I mean, Tommy, you two are almost the same age but she didn't have a place to stay. Shes really all on her own." Vince said to the group.
     "Hmm" Tommy said looking around.
*15 Minutes Later || Isabelle's POV
     "Isabelle! Foods here!" Vince yelled from the kitchen.
     "Coming!" I yelled back before standing up. I walked down the short hallway straight to the kitchen. I sat down next to Vince while Tommy grabbed some drinks from the fridge.
     "Care for a beverage milady?" Tommy said handing be a beer and sitting down next to me.
     "Always" I said back with a smile. Nikki grabbed a whole bottle of Jack Daniels and took a swing of it while sitting down before placing it on the table sitting across from me. I'm no stranger to drinking or being around those who drink but I was taken back not expecting it. "I guess these guys are big drinkers. Eh me too honestly." I thought to myself. Everyone starts fixing themselves a plate of food.
     "So Iz why don't tell us a little about yourself." Tommy asked.
     I glanced at Vince "Uh yeah sure. So i'm 18 years old, my birthday was last month.. uh April 18th to be exact. I work the front desk at the Ramada Plaza on Santa Monica Blvd so when I got the address for this place I got really excited cause i'm not far from work."
"Where'd you grow up?" Tommy said taking a bite of chicken.
"I was born in Montana, lived there for a while then moved to Idaho for only a little bit and then lived in Oregon until I was 16. I left when my mom left my dad and moved out here. I've been on my own ever since."
Vince laughed and glanced at Nikki. "Idaho Huh?"
"Yeah. It wasn't for long though."
Tommy glanced at Nikki who just kept drinking Jack from the bottle. "Where about in Idaho?" He asked.
"Oh just this small town. You probably wouldn't know it anyway."
"Ha. Try me." Nikki said before going back to drinking.
"Uh yeah it was called Jerome." Nikki started chocking on his drink and spit out what he had in his mouth onto the floor and was coughing uncontrollably. "Oh god Nikki are you ok?" I say about to get up but Vince puts his hand on my shoulder sitting me back down. "What the hell is going on" I thought.
"Hey man you good?" Tommy asked patting Nikki on the back.
"Yeah i'm fine." Nikki responded coldly.
When Nikki went back to normal everyone sort of glanced at me as I continued eating. "What?" I asked looking at Vince and Tommy back and forth.
"Nothing" they said overlapping each other and shrugging their shoulders avoiding eye contact. I look at Nikki who seemed to be just staring me down till I looked at him and he looked away. "Seriously what the hell is going on?! Was it something I said..." I continue to get lost in thought before I feel Nikki get up from the table and walk behind me. He must be going to the bathroom.
I continue to finish my diner and talk with Vince and Tommy who told me about themselves. Turns out the three of them are in a band called Mötley Crüe, who i've definitely heard of before since I work on Santa Monica Blvd. Their lead guitarist Mick Mars lives somewhere else but they are getting ready to play more shows around the Sunset Strip. I thought that was pretty neat. They definitely seem like the band type and Vince's personality definitely made a whole lot more sense when I found out he was the lead singer.
We clean up and put everything away and it's getting a bit late, for me at least. Apparently these boys are the night owl type. I start to walk back to my new room to relax but I pass Nikki's room and see him sitting on his bed with a book and the bottle of Jack from earlier. I don't want to bother him but I want to make sure that he's not mad at me or anything. I knock on Nikki's door and peak in.
"Yeah!" He says not looking up from his book.
"Hey Nikki..."
"Oh hey Isabelle. What's up" He says looking up at me.
"Can I come in?"
"Yeah sure" he says sitting up, closing his book and setting it down next to him. I walk in and he pats the space next to him on his bed so I sit cris-cross turned towards him. He mimics me so that we are facing the same way. "What's going on. Is your room ok?"
"Oh yeah its great, thanks. No problems so far" I say with a nervous giggle. He just smiles seeing that i'm nervous. "I just wanted to make sure everything is ok.. I mean at dinner it just seemed like I said something that maybe I wasn't supposed to? I don't know it just seemed awkward for a moment." I said quickly and rambling on.
"Isabelle it's ok." He giggled at me. "You didn't do anything, it was just the whiskey. Ya know, went down the wrong pipe." He laughed again and placed his hand on mine. I don't know why but it made me blush. "*Gasps* Are you blushing!?!" He said like a teenage girl.
I removed my hand from under his "Uh no" I say acting offended but smiling.
"I'm just screwing with you" he laughed at me. "Go get some sleep while you can because you won't be getting much living with us." I just giggled and got up. I stopped at the door.
"Night Nikki" I said then smiled. Nikki just smiled at me as I turned around and close his door leaving just a crack open. I walk back to my room and get changed in a comfy tee and get tucked into bed. I take a deep breath and sigh "These boys are going to be the death of me... maybe literally." I think and laugh to myself. Not long after I drift off to sleep.
————————————————————