Chapter 58

"Fuck... right there baby... shit" Nikki moaned between breaths. I fell to his side, out of breath myself.
     "Well, that's one way to say 'welcome home'" I take heavy breaths. "Don't you have rehearsals today?"
     "Yeah...' he turns to me "That can wait though" Nikki practically pounces at me as we continue to roll around on the bed.

     I sigh after another round "Ok. I need to shower, and you need to get going."
     "Eh.. I was supposed to be there ten minutes ago, five more can't hurt." he says snaking his arms around my waist and kissing my neck. I melt in his arm, not wanting him to leave but I break away anyway. 
     "I have work tonight so dinner is on you. I'll probably just order something from there to go."
     "Maybe I should come by for a visit" he smirks.
     "Maybe.." I respond with a smile. "But I do actually need to work. We kinda need the money."
     "Just make sure you're not working for New Year's.. I know that would probably bring in a couple hundred but I really want you to be there with me."
     "I promise I will, now go before they vote you out and you can't perform on New Year's!" I yell shutting the bathroom door. Nikki leaves to meet the band for rehearsals and I take my shower. I dreaded going to work but knew that I didn't have a choice. I still didn't feel back to my complete self and I think everyone could tell. John had pulled me into his office to "discuss my options" basically saying 'step it up or you're fired'. I had to practically beg for him to just give me a week to show that I'm still doing fine. The boys never came in that night, thank goodness honestly. I don't think I could have handled that tonight.
     Returning to an empty house I couldn't even bother to eat. I just felt sick to my stomach and would rather crawl into a corner and die. Instead, I drowned myself in booze then crawled into a corner and passed out. When waking the next morning, I wasn't where I fell asleep. Nikki must have put me in bed but he wasn't there next to me. I try to sit up but it feels like someone has pounded nails into my head. Yep. This is a hangover. It has got to be over a thousand degrees in here. I'm so hot. I stumble out of bed and make my way to the kitchen, desperately in need of water. As I open the fridge, I find a note from Nikki, written in his messy handwriting:

"Hey babe,
Rehearsals ran late last night, so I didn't want to wake you up (though I don't think I could have if I tried). I had to head out early for a meeting this morning, but I'll be back home soon. I hope you're feeling better. Take it easy today and rest up. Love you.
-Nikki"

    I tried to make myself breakfast but even looking in the fridge made my stomach turn. Food was the last thing I needed. I turned on the AC and shuffled my way onto the couch. I didn't know whether to chug water or more vodka to make this pain go away. I decided to take it easy, just like Nikki said, and chug whiskey instead. It's true what they say. You can't be hungover if you're still drunk. Drowning myself in more booze, I had then drowned myself in thoughts as well. It felt like millions of voices were screaming at me and I just couldn't get away.
     When I set the bottle on the coffee table, I noticed a bunch of Polaroids of us and the band spread across it. I picked up one of me pulled into Nikki's chest as we stood in front of the Whiskey A Go-Go with 'Mötley Crüe' on the marquee. For some reason, I was just sad looking at the picture. I should have felt happy: happy for us... happy for him, but all I was, was sad. Angry. Angry at the world for not being fair, for constantly throwing obstacles in our path. Angry at myself for not being able to fix it either. I grabbed another Polaroid from the table, this time Nikki on stage, his bass slung low, sweat dripping down his face. The crowd's hands reached out toward him, adoration across their faces. I used to be the one he looked at with that same smile but I can't even remember the feeling of him looking at me like that. Granted, I can't feel much of anything at the moment. Caught up in all the inner noise, I didn't even hear Nikki walk through the door.

     "Fuck! Why is it so cold in here?" he says. I flinch and turn my head as I sit hunched over. "Hey babe... what's wrong?" he asked, filled with concern.
     "Nothing." I lie. "Peachy keen" I smile through the pain.
     "Taking it lightly I see?" He picks up the open whiskey bottle and brings it back to the liquor cabinet. "Iz, hunny... darling, the love of my l-"
     "Get on with it already!" I shout.
     "Fine. Isabelle, what the fuck is with you?" he shouted back. I look up at him in shock that he would speak to me that way when Im clearly struggling. "What? You said to 'get on with it already' so I did. Now you have a problem with that too?"
     "You didn't have to yell at me, jeez" I mumble. We take a second in silence.
     "Day drinking, working longer but only making half, the house is a mess, your skin is transparent and your eyes are red. I would start to believe that you're a vampire if you didn't love garlic bread so much!"
     "Yep, Nikki you guessed it. I'm a vampire. That's what I've been hiding from you all these months. And not only am I a vampire, but I'm also Dracula's daughter." I respond sarcastically.
     Nikki looks at me with a mixture of concern and frustration, trying to read my emotions. He takes a step closer, his voice softer this time. "Iz, please, talk to me. Something's not right, and I can't just stand by and watch you suffer like this. You're not yourself, and I want to help."
     I let out a heavy sigh, feeling the weight of my emotions pressing down on me. "I don't know, Nikki. I just... I feel lost. Everything just  feels overwhelming."
     "Then let me help you. That's why I'm here." he pulls my head into his chest. "But first maybe we should start with rehab for your drinking."
     I snap out of all emotion. "Nikki Sixx I swear to god I will dump your ass so hard-"
     "I'm kidding, I'm kidding.." he smiled.
     "You're mean."
     "You love me anyway," Nikki chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "We'll figure it out together, Iz. We always do."
————————————————————