Chapter Sixxty Five

"AND WE'RE MOTLEY FUCKIN CRUE! Thank you to everyone who came out tonight! You were an awesome crowd!" Vince shouted. I eagerly waited side stage for the boys to get off, and this was only night one of a three-night show at the Whiskey A Go Go.
     I almost couldn't control my excitement when Nikki walked in my direction. I quickly give him a tight hug, expressing how amazing I thought he played but all he could focus on was the bottle of water he was trying to grab from behind me. "Yeah, the water bottle is happy for you too Nik" I say letting go so he can take a drink.
     He finished the bottle without taking one breath and crumpled it up. "So you liked it?" he asked.
     "Yes! Yes! The song was amazing! I knew it would sound good live" I pulled him in for a kiss.
     "Well you know who I wrote that about, don't you?" he pulled me in by my waist.
     "Hmm, I think I have a pretty good idea" I kiss him and it doesn't break until Tommy comes to get us backstage.
     "Alright, lovebirds, time to get your asses backstage!" he exclaimed, his voice barely audible above the roaring crowd.
     Nikki laughed, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Yeah, yeah, we're coming!" he replied, his arm still draped around my waist. We followed Tommy through the labyrinthine maze of corridors, dodging roadies and crew members bustling around with equipment and stage props.

     As we entered the backstage area, the scene before us was pure chaos. The room was filled with a riotous blend of sweaty bodies, heavy metal music blaring from speakers, and the clinking of beer bottles. Members of other bands mingled with the guys. Mick stood in a corner, engrossed in a deep conversation with a group of other musicians, and Vince was nowhere to be found. Hmm, let me take a guess as to where he might be. There were a bunch of women in the room making me feel a bit uneasy. I went up to Nikki, who was making himself a drink. "Hey Nik"
     "Oh yeah babe, need a drink?" he offered.
     "Who are all these women?" I ask.
     "Uhhhhhh" Nikki takes a look around then puts his attention back to making his drink "Looks like groupies." he says not looking me in the eyes.
     "Why?"
     "Because we're in a band... and that's who likes to find their way back here..." he avoids me.
     "You didn't give any of these girls passes right?"
     Nikki finally looked my way "No, are you kidding me right now?"
     "I'm just asking..."
     "YOU-" Nikki pauses and recollects himself "it is both of our best interest if you just walk away from me right now and I will deal with you later because I swear to god I am about to fucking lose it."
     I don't even say a word and just leave. Everyone else is busy with other people and let's face it- I don't have any friends so I left. I went home. During the dark walk, I just felt more and more frustrated. I felt like that cute little mouse from Tom and Jerry- stopping my way down the sidewalk.

     Seeking liquid comfort, I decided to stop at a nearby bar. The dimly lit establishment was filled with the familiar scent of alcohol and the distant sound of conversations. I took a seat at the counter, feeling a desperate need to drown my frustrations. I signaled the bartender and ordered a drink, not caring what it was as long as it numbed my racing thoughts. The bartender served me a glass of whiskey, and I downed it in one swift motion, relishing the burning sensation as it traveled down my throat. Without hesitation, I ordered another.
As the night wore on, I lost track of time and consumed drink after drink. Each sip provided a temporary reprieve from the whirlwind of emotions that consumed me. The room around me seemed to blur, and the noise of the bar faded into the background. The only thing that mattered at that moment was the liquid in my glass.
     Amidst the haze, the speakers in the bar started playing a song by Mötley Crüe. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I groan. Of course, this comes on. Why here? Why right fuckin now?"
     "Have a rough night?" A male voice asks beside me.
     Not looking in his direction but with my hands in my face I replied "To say the least."
     "Well, my offer is still on the table."
     "I have a boyfrie-... you..."
     "So you do remember me?" The man said.
     "You're that fucking creep from last December!"