Chapter 23

"Dear Nikki,
I know at first you didn't like the idea of having a new roommate, especially some random girl none of you have ever met. I knew sooner or later that you'd come around though, even if it means that I may have accidentally broke your heart. I think I want to be with you... I don't know, It's too soon to tell, or at least I think it is. I don't want to be just friends. I knew I should have never kissed you. I'm sorry.

Your dear roommate,
                                         Isabelle

P.S
          I love you too Sixx..."

     "Fuck this!" I yell at myself throwing my pen down and crumbling up that stupid letter. "Don't ever say something that fucking stupid again! You hear me?" I yell at myself again and throw the piece of paper in the trash. *Knocking* "Yeah!" I say to the door.
     "Iz? You good in here? I heard yelling" Nikki asked, peeking his head through the door.
     "Oh yeah, I'm fine thanks" I sigh, sitting down on my bed and resting my head in my hands.
     "Heyy" Nikki says sadly and sits down next to me. "Are you ok?" He puts his arm around my shoulder and rests his head on mine.
     "Yeah" I stand up and walk over to my dresser and pretend to go through the drawer.
     "Isabelle..." he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head "You haven't talked to me in days, the only one I've seen you even say a word to is Vince! what's wrong?" He asks genuinely.
     "Just- a lot has been going on lately. Work has been stressing me out and I'm not-" I take a breather to keep from crying. "I'm just not in the right headspace right now." I let a tear fall from my eye.
     "Hey hey hey now" Nikki takes me into a hug "shshshshsh don't cry" I start to bawl in his arms. "Oh Iz..." he rocks me back and forth while running a hand down my hair. "Don't worry, everything will be alright."
     "I'm just so tired Nikki-I'm not making enough money at work and they've been laying people off. I can't afford to lose my job a-and I only afford to buy food at this point. Hell, I can't even pay for gas anymore, these prices keep going up!" I continue to dry more.
     "It's ok Iz, you don't need to worry. We can lower your rent if you need to, we are honestly asking too much if you ask me. I mean we can barely afford this place!"
     "No, it's fine. You guys need a place to live too." I let go of the hug.
     "Then we'll pay for groceries, don't worry about when or if you're going to have your next meal. That's for us to worry about, plus, we have our way around things so, please don't worry about it." Nikki looks at me sadly and has caring eyes that I give a little smile to. "Hey, and if you need extra cash, I'm pretty sure the body shop is hiring!" Nikki says cheerfully, brightening up the mood.
     "Nikki!" I say laughing and lightly hitting his chest with the back of my hand.
     "We'll be your biggest tippers!" He shrugs his shoulders and I scoff.
     "Not gonna happen Sixx."
     "Maybe we should up your rent then" Nikki smirks at me and I push his face away from me with my hand and walk past him.
     "Walkin' on thin ice Nikki!" I shout from the hallway, leaving him in my room.
Later that Day
     "Tommy? Nikki?... Vince?"
     "I'm in here babe"
     "Hey Vinnie" I take a seat next to him on the couch
     "What's up"
     I sigh "I've just been having a rough day" I lean my head on his shoulder
     "Do you wanna talk about it?"
     "I don't really know"
     "Well, would you rather do something to relieve your stress?" Vince looks at me with a smirk
     "What you got in mind?" I smirk back. He gets up and takes me back to his room- I don't think I need to tell you exactly what happened. You get the idea.
Three Months Later
     I've been tossing and turning all night. Me and Vince have still been sneaking around which is kinda fun and I've been hanging out with Tommy and Nikki, mostly Tommy though. These boys are toxic together- I've started calling them the terror twins. The boys went out, they asked if id like to go but I wanted to catch up on some sleep. That obviously isn't turning out well. I need to put on some music or something. I look through my cassettes and I can't find my mix tape. "Damnit! Those were the slow songs!" I think I left it in Nikki's room. "Shit!" I open the door to his room and go to the cassette player in the corner. "Fuck!" It's not in there, of course. I start to go through the shelf of records and tapes he had in his room and find a country album. "Heyyy" I thought he said he didn't own any country.
     "Ah hem" I heard someone cough. I shot up and dropped the tape looking blankly at Nikki, standing at the door. "Watcha doin?" He says taking slow steps into his room.
     "I- I uhh.. I was just looking for that mix tape I left in here a while back." I say staring into his eyes from across the room. He walked over to his nightstand and pulled out the tape.
     "Here" he says handing it to me.
     "Thanks.." we stand there awkwardly in silence for a few seconds.
     "Do you need something?" Nikki asks kinda harshly, which I didn't expect.
     "Uh uh no.. no. Um.. what are you doing home so early. I figured you'd still be out." I said with a shaky voice.
     "Just had it out with some asshole, figured I'd call it a night" Nikki said bluntly.
     "Oh..ok" I walk slowly past him and keep my head down.
     "Isabelle wait!"
     I turn my head back "Yeah?"
     He stomps up to me and gets in my face "I know what you've been doing with Vince" he says roughly at me, almost yelling.
     "Wha- wh- what are you talk-"
     "DON'T ACT FUCKING DUMB AROUND ME! YOU'VE BEEN PULLING THIS SHIT FOR MONTHS NOW! THEN YOU ACT LIKE MY FRIEND THIS WHOLE FUCKING TIME AND SCREW VINCE BEHIND MY BACK?"
     "Nikki.."
     "NO FUCK YOU- I found that fucking letter you wrote. When the fuck did you write that? Huh?"
     "I uhh... it was a week or two after I helped you dye your hair.." I said shyly and on the verge of tears.
     "Why didn't you ever tell me how you felt- I have spent DAYS AND NIGHTS fucking thinking about the last time I kissed you!... why can't you just tell me, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!"
     "I- I'm sorry Nikki.."
     "Don't be fucking sorry! Be honest, for once!"
     "Fine.. YOU WANT ME TO BE FUCKING HONEST? YOU'VE BEEN TREATING ME LIKE SHIT FOR THE PAST MONTH! YOU IGNORE ME, LEAD ME ON THEN PUSH ME AWAY. WHENEVER WE GO OUT, IF A GUY EVEN LOOKS AT ME YOU GET FUCKING PROTECTIVE AND WANT TO KILL HIM. YOU GET MAD IF I DON'T TALK TO YOU, THEN WHEN YOU ASK ME FOR HELP I ALWAYS DO, AND THEN YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE YOU ALONE! YOU WANT ME TO BE FUCKING HONEST? THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE ALL THE GODDAMN TIME!" I walk out of his and slam my door. "FUCK!"
————————————————————
To Be Continued...