Chapter 2: It Could Happen to You

I touched down in Los Angeles about the middle of January, enjoying the light rain that was falling on my head as I stepped from the plane. I made sure to get all my luggage before hailing a cab for the hotel I would be staying in. I was going to be a part of the new animated movie, Minions: The Rise of Gru. I was beyond excited since I loved the first movies in the franchise, even having banana scented soap with a minion on the packaging at one time. I grinned so wide when I saw the gifts that were left on my bed. It was literally a basket filled with Despicable Me merchandise. I giggled when I picked up the big fluffy unicorn, since I had mentioned I always wanted one when I got nervous during my audition. I hugged the stuffed animal close to my chest before standing before the grand window, just watching the tiny cars drive past below. I went ahead and took a much needed shower, since I had run out of time in New York. I overslept for my flight and had to hurry to the airport in record timing. I couldn't help but laugh again when I saw the banana liquid soap, happily using it. Once I stepped out smelling like fruit I went ahead and just put on my pajamas, since I had no other plans for the rest of the day. I wasn't scheduled to come into the studio until tomorrow. I flipped through the channels on television, stopping when I found reruns of iCarly. At first I was never happier, ordering room service of a veggie pizza with breadsticks, but then the reality began creeping in as the lights brightened outdoors and the sky darkened. I faked a smile as I shut the blinds for privacy, feeling this horrible, empty feeling. I was all alone. I didn't have any friends, since the one I had from high school had turned out to be emotionally abusive, and I never attended college, since I jumped straight into acting. I just wished that I had someone in my life, even if it was a boyfriend. I went to sleep with tears drying on my freshly washed face, and my arms hugging the life out of my fat, plush unicorn.

I pulled myself together when dawn broke, putting on a simple makeup look along with a casual but cute outfit. The pink in my hair was barely noticeable anymore, but I wasn't sure if I would add it again or not. I had considered choosing blue next time. To be honest, it was inspired by Taylor Swift's blue ends on the cover of her Lover album, and then the pink from her I Knew You Were Trouble music video. Once my staple, black combat boots were in place I was taking on the world, the first recordings going pretty well. I ended up being done early though, since I was only playing a minor role. I decided to walk along one of the sidewalk strips in the city, almost trying to hide when I saw a familiar couple. Unfortunately the guy spotted me first though and started coming over.

"Hey. Sabrina," Leo asked, me mustering my best smile.

"Hi," I quietly reacted, feeling awkward with his girlfriend being around.

"What are you doing here," he politely asked as he kept his arm snugly around Camila.

"I'm working on a new Minions movie. I was just getting a bite to eat before heading back to my hotel."

"You want to join us? Camila and I were just about to get something eat too."

"Oh okay. Hi," I said to her this time, her giving me a small smile.

"So, what kind of food do you like? We only eat at vegan restaurants, but I swear their food is really good, even if you're not vegan," Leo urged.

"I love anything with like pasta or pizza," I explained.

"Okay, there's a really good pizzeria right up here, and they serve pasta too. I always order the pasta, since it's my favorite food. Camila usually gets a salad with a breadstick."

The three of us eventually found a round table with a red checkered cloth, me adjusting my hair as Camila cozied up to Leo's side.

"I think I'm going to get the linguini pasta with alfredo sauce and breadsticks," I decided.