Chapter 12: I Love You, Ain't That the Worst Thing You Ever Heard?

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," I beamed, Leo and I finally boarding our plane. It was about two weeks before Halloween, and we were finally visiting South Korea. We were going around the time the fall foliage would be at its peak, and I was beyond excited. "I hope I remembered to pack everything I needed."

"I'm sure you did. I helped you double check things, remember," Leo lowly chuckled, causing me to smile wider.

"Oh yeah. Wow, this first class is amazing," I commented once we entered through the curtains to the front of our mode of transportation. "There's so much room for the seats." I happily got settled in mine as I placed my small bag on my lap. It had my laptop in it along with my pink Nano iPod. I was disappointed that Apple had quit making their iPods of any kind this year. I went through my high school years unable to live without mine, and I was grateful it even still worked.

"Happy Halloween," Leo cutely said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked over at him confused as I took the small package wrapped in black paper with orange jack o' lanterns all over it. I gasped when I revealed what was inside, turning my head with my mouth still hanging open. "You didn't. How on earth did you get this? It's even in the color I wanted. I mean, they discontinued these in like May and we weren't together yet."

"I contacted a place that had them." He was smiling himself as he watched me undo the sleek packaging.

"I love this red color, and the fact you got me airpods. I've been using earbuds for ages. This is too nice, Leo. I would go on about how you shouldn't have, but I really love this gift." I reached over to give him a hug as he rubbed my upper back. I kissed him on the lips before slowly separating from him, a guilty look on my face. "I forgot that you didn't want us to be very affectionate in public."

"It's alright. I've been broken up with Camila for awhile now, and I'm happy that you're my girlfriend. I don't want the paparazzi to bother us, but I also don't want to hide you from the world either." He squeezed my hand as the corners of my mouth curved upwards, me looking out our window. We had to fasten our seatbelts right before take off, able to remove them when we were settled in the air.

"12 hours... This is going to be such a long trip. I'm glad we have comfy seats, so we can sleep easier. I have trouble sleeping in public places though," I slightly laughed.

"You can lean against my chest if you want, like how it is back home," Leo suggested.

"We're never apart back home. I think I've accidentally moved in with you. I mean, I have some of my clothes in your dresser, and sometimes I forget my stuff at your place."

"What would you say about moving in with me? It seems silly to go back and forth all the time just to stay together every night."

"Okay," I happily agreed. "I love the place we are in our relationship right now. I like how we've gotten over the awkward beginnings."

He nodded as the flight attendant asked if we would like lobster for dinner. I bit my lower lip as I looked over at Leo, feeling uncertain.

"Go ahead. You don't have to order vegan dishes all the time just because I do," he spoke up.

"Okay, I've never had lobster before, but it sounds really good." I went ahead and confirmed what I wanted to order, Leo placing his too. "I do love your vegan dishes though, and I think I feel better since I've started eating them. I just still love things like McDonald's burgers and turkey and gravy, and... I better stop talking now, or I'll get too hungry before our food arrives."

He chuckled quietly as I pulled out my brand new iPod, syncing it up with my iTunes on my computer.

"I can't believe Taylor Swift's new album Midnights comes out like next week. I've already bought all the cds for it. She had unique cover artwork for a limited time," I shared.