Chapter 13: Midnights

I woke up the next morning to Leo smiling at me, feeling my own lips curving upwards.

"Hi," I quietly spoke.

"Hi," he echoed, pecking my lips as I fluttered my eyes closed to savor it.

"Last night was amazing, but I think we slept about the whole day away. Wow, it's one in the afternoon," I slightly laughed after sitting up and seeing our bedside clock.

"Yeah, I woke up about half an hour ago, but you looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake you," Leo explained, causing my heart to flutter and then melt.

"It feels like we didn't really do what we did. I'm still wrapping my mind around it."

I felt him kiss my cheek after I turned my head to the opposite side, another smile stretching across my face.

"You want to go get something to eat? I'm really hungry," he softly chuckled.

"Yeah, I think I'm realizing how hungry I am now too. Do we still have time to see the autumn leaves in the park?"

"Of course. Do you want to do that right after we eat?"

"Yeah, I can't wait any longer to get food," I admitted, both of us getting up and ready.

We literally held hands wherever we walked, careful not to kiss in public, since people didn't show much public displays of affection in South Korea. Hugging was okay too, but anything else was too much.

"Can we go to that place," I pointed out, grabbing Leo's arm as I stopped him a little.

"Yeah, it looks like they have some vegan choices."

"I can't tell you how excited I am! I literally watch YouTube videos about Korean restaurants all the time, and I'm so jealous."

I could hear his quiet chuckles as we stepped over the threshold, being led to a table for two. When our food arrived I was excited to dip our various pieces of food into the hot broth. You would do that, and then add it to your main dish. I was going crazy over the mushrooms and lettuce, Leo appearing amused as he watched me. I kept adding them to the noodles I ordered, while he had a dish of rice.

"I wish I could eat like this all the time," I confessed, feeling Leo's eyes on me as I kept digging in.

"So, you're still interested in living here," he questioned.

"Yeah, but we'll have to visit Ireland first. That was the second place I thought of living one day."

He nodded a tiny bit as we went back to consuming our meals, finding ourselves at the park straight after. I just kept straining my neck upwards as I soaked in the bright colors of fall. It seemed that the yellow and orange leaves stood out the most, and I was in love. I looked over at Leo, and I forgot how to breathe with those vivid leaves falling around him. I squeezed his hand before we decided to leave, making out the second we got back to our hotel. We kept fighting with our jackets and sweaters as we made our way over to the bed, me sitting down as I caught my breath for a minute.

"We're not going to see much of South Korea, are we? I mean, all I keep wanting to do is this," I said.

"We will. I promise, we will, Sabrina. We have quite a few days left. We'll have time for both," Leo promised, kissing me tenderly as he took off his belt.

"Okay...," I trailed off, us falling on the bed as we spent quality time together.

I lost track of everything we did in South Korea, a bunch of different restaurants, evenings, and attractions blurring in my mind. I was so in love with Leo sometimes all I could see was him. I couldn't help but feel such a sadness as we spent our last day there. We were on the Namsan Seoul Tower, relishing in the perfect nightscape view of the city.