Chapter 10: Teddy Bear

"Hey," I greeted with a wide smile, lying on my stomach on my bed. Leo was video calling me from his mansion, since I was back at my apartment.

"Hey," he happily greeted back. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing," I teased. "We just saw each other this morning."

"I know. I was wondering if you would like to go out with me tomorrow." He bit his lower lip as I sat up, me not thrilled that I was wearing zero makeup.

"Yeah, what did you have in mind?" I wished we could have spent the day together, but I felt it was important to spend time in my new place. I wanted to get used to it as quickly as possible, especially since change could scare me.

"I rented a yacht for the day and night..."

"A whole yacht? Wow, that sounds really luxurious. I'm guessing I'll need a swimsuit for tanning?"

"Yeah, and plenty of sunscreen for when you're done," he lightly chuckled.

"Are you going to pick me up in the morning, or...?"

"Yeah, I can. How early do you want me to come get you?" He shifted his weight on his couch as I thought for a few seconds.

"What about ten in the morning? I know that's kind of late, but I want to sleep in."

"You didn't sleep well last night here," he teased.

"I would have, but we talked until almost two in the morning, and then I left early."

He nodded a tiny bit as I gripped my smartphone tighter in my hand, wishing I wasn't alone right now.

"Would you mind talking to me until I fall asleep? I feel kind of lonely," I confessed.

"Of course. Do you want me to show you my refrigerator too?" I was practically laughing already as I shook my head at the fond memory.

"Not tonight," I warmly smiled, eventually drifting to sleep while hugging my big stuffed unicorn, Leo still on the line.

"Oh shit," I murmured the next morning, since my phone was completely dead. I had to leave in about an hour too, hoping I could get it to a high enough charge for such a long day. I hopped around as I put my swimsuit on underneath my clothes, deciding to skip the makeup since we would be tanning. I just hoped Leo didn't mind I hadn't been doing my usual red lip look. Once I heard the knock on my door after letting him up through the intercom, I ran to answer it.

"Hi," I said, acting as though I had casually walked over.

"Hi, you look gorgeous." His ocean eyes kept dancing between my eyes to my lips, his delicate smile stealing my heart.

"Thanks. I went for the natural look, since we're tanning and everything. My phone's not at a full charge though."

"That's alright. You can charge it on the boat."

I became even more excited after hearing that, hardly able to wait to see the grand vessel. I almost felt I was on our own personal Titanic after we stepped onto the wooden deck. The entire structure was gorgeous, Leo leading me downstairs to where the kitchen was.

"You want anything to drink before we lay out," he checked, already concocting a vodka with cranberry juice.

"I think that looks really good." I pointed to his own beverage, him making a second one.

"Are you hungry? We have snacks, and I also have a few pizzas I can heat up."

"I am really hungry actually. Pizza sounds great. What kind of snacks are there?"