Chapter 14: Tornado Warnings

"I love how this looks in our bedroom. Thank you so much for getting these for me. I love them," I told Leo as he came up to me from behind, wrapping his arms around me. We were gazing at the four special edition Taylor Swift Midnights vinyl records, which formed a clock from the back. She had even sold a clock hand and wooden attachments, so that it could be hung on the wall and used.

"It actually does look pretty good in here," he lowly chuckled, kissing my cheek as I smiled.

"Yeah, it goes good with this wooden part of the wall."

I looked behind me when he left, seeing him come back over with a cardboard box.

"What's this," I wondered, sitting on the end of our bed as he did the same.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" He bit his lower lip as I fought with the tape before finding a bunch of styrofoam.

"I'm surprised you ordered from there if they used styrofoam," I admitted.

"I didn't know they did, but I know it's a brand you love. And the rest of it is safe and vegan. Plus, their containers are recyclable."

I nodded before pulling out four containers of pumpkin scrub, which I hadn't gotten since last year. It was a seasonal product, but it made my skin glow like a jack o' lantern and clear up. "Oh my goodness... Leo, you've got to stop getting me stuff. I'm going to be using all of these completely up though."

He was smiling more as I found a piece of paper, assuming it was a note from the company, but it had his handwriting on it. I gasped as I put my hand over my mouth staring at him with widened eyes.

"You didn't. We're going there for Christmas," I asked, since it was a message about Ireland.

"Yeah, I already made all the arrangements, and I rented us a really nice place. I talked it over with my mom and your parents, and they were fine with it."

"My parents," I asked. "I assumed they would be mad about us being together. You know, since we've been living together and everything."

"They were at first, I think, but when they heard how well I've been taking care of you, I think that's what changed their mind."

"This is going to be the best holiday ever. Wow... Thank you," I slightly laughed, holding my arms out before hugging him around his neck.

When Christmas rolled around I had never been happier, the festive music playing on the house stereo system as I packed. Leo got me travel sized cranberry scrub for my face from the same company as before, since I couldn't travel with my bigger pumpkin containers. Plus, cranberry was a seasonal Christmas scent.

"Usually I get really sad about leaving home, but everywhere we go feels like home together," I confessed, feeling my cheeks heat up as Leo walked over with a pile of folded shirts in his hand.

"I feel the same way. I don't mind leaving home, but anywhere we go together is special," he replied, butterflies erupting in my tummy despite our months of dating.

"I can't believe our flight is 10 hours. I didn't realize it took so long to get to my favorite countries," I quietly laughed.

"Yeah, I booked us first class again. I know it's much nicer, and also easier to sleep flying that way."

"Yeah," I agreed, a mere few days later and we were in Ireland. The house he rented was gorgeous and furnished with Christmas decorations already. The owners left the box of ornaments on Leo's request though, so we could do the tree together.

Any place we visited we held hands as we took in the sights, me enjoying the chilly but not freezing temperatures. We visited famous castles, cliffs, and found quite a few quaint little shops.