Chapter Eleven

(*At the nearest hospital, Eric Singer held KellerSinger19 in his arms while they waited for a nurse or a doctor to call for them, and then after about fifteen to twenty minutes of waiting, a nurse called them in*)

Nurse: *smiles* Mr. Singer, you can bring your wife in to see the doctor, now.

Eric Singer: *mumbles to himself* Finally... *then smiles back politely* Okay, thank you.

KellerSinger18: Owww! Eric, it hurts like hell. 😰

Eric Singer: Shhh...it's gonna be okay.

(*The kind nurse takes Eric Singer and KellerSinger19 to the doctor's examination room*)

Doctor: *puts on a COVID-19 mask, puts on some hand sanitizer, and then puts on some rubber gloves* So, what seems to be the problem?

KellerSinger19: I was stepping outside and then I slipped and fell down onto the ground really hard, and I think my leg is broken.

Eric Singer: Yes, and a friend of ours who inspected it thinks that her knee is swollen.

Doctor: Well, I'm going to take a look at that leg of yours, if you don't mind.

Eric Singer: *smiles* Not at all, doctor.

KellerSinger19: *cries out in pain when the doctor touches her injured leg*

Doctor: It's okay, Mam'm. Just take it easy, okay?

KellerSinger19: *hisses in pain* O-okay...

Doctor: *very gently touches KellerSinger19's injured leg* Hmm...I think we need to have an x-ray taken of your leg, Mam'm. If you would both please follow me down this hallway...

KellerSinger19: *tries to stand up, but fails* Owww...

Eric Singer: *holds his KellerSinger19 in his arms* It's okay, my sweet kitten. I've got you.

(*So, Eric Singer carries KellerSinger19 in his arms bridal style while he follows the doctor to the X-ray room*)

(*In the X-ray room...*)

Doctor: Okay, Mam'm. I'm gonna need you to lie down right here on your back. *carefully and gently moves KellerSinger19's injured leg in the right position*

KellerSinger19: *notices that Eric Singer is walking away* E-Eric, my drummer. Where are you going?

Eric Singer: *smiles and kisses his wife on the cheek* It's okay, kitten. I'm just gonna be in the other side of the room for just a few minutes, okay? Then, I promise that I'll come right back.

KellerSinger19: Okay.

Doctor: Excellent. You're doing just fine, Mam'm. *gets the X-ray machine ready to do it's thing* Now, can you stay real still for me? It's just for a few seconds.

KellerSinger19: *nods her head up and down*

Doctor: *steps out of the room for a moment*

(*There is a sound of a machine working and then after that, the X-ray was taken*)

Doctor: And we're all done here.

KellerSinger19: Really? That's it?

Doctor: *smiles* Absolutely! Now, you and Mr. Singer wait here for just a moment while me and my team of co-workers go and get your X-Ray ready so we can see what's going on with that leg of yours.

KellerSinger19: Okay, thank you.

Doctor: *smiles* It's no problem at all. *leaves the X-Ray room*

Eric Singer: *picks up KellerSinger19 and holds her in his arms* Oh, my beautiful kitten. I am so proud. You were really brave.

KellerSinger19: *giggles a little bit* Thank you, babe.

Doctor: *grins as he walks back into the X-ray room* Alrighty, we've got your X-ray.

(*The doctor puts the X-ray on a special bright light*)

Doctor: Your leg is most definitely broken.

KellerSinger19: Aw, man. 😿