Chapter Twenty-Three

(*A few days later, Emily and the Ankh Warrior are out running some errands around the city*)

Me: Omg!

Vinnie: What is it, Emily?

Me: I can't believe that Halloween is almost here! We're gonna have so much fun together.

Vinnie: *is starting to feel a little bit uneasy* Y-yeah...but please no horror movies or anything like that. You know they scare the hell outta me, along with Anubis and Anansi.

Me: *giggles* I know that, Vinnie. You've made it perfectly clear.

Vinnie: *smiles* I'm happy to hear that.

(*Fifteen minutes later, Vinnie and Emily decide to stop by the cafe in the shopping mall for lunch*)

Me: Hmm...Maybe we can just let Anubis and Anansi stay home this year and maybe when they're a little bit old enough, we can try and take them out trick-or-treating.

Vinnie: *sounds* That sounds like a good idea. But I'm staying home when that happens, because I think there's going to be a lot of people dressed up in scary costumes and I can't handle all that stuff.

Me: *tries not to giggle, but fails* Okay Vinnie...🤭

Vinnie: Emily...please. It's not funny. 😣

Me: Sorry. *stops giggling*

Vinnie: *smiles and lovingly holds my hand* Aw, it's okay. You don't have to apologize.