Chapter 10

To say that the lacrosse game right now against Devonford Prep is intense is an understatement. Although every game against a different school is interesting, this one is different. Well, maybe it is only for Liam and the ones who know that the ones they're playing against is his former school. I'm also extra worried since the killer on the team is definitely out there. So it's probably only me in the audience who's scared for her friends' life.

When a player from Devonford scores the first goal in the scrimmage tonight, the bleachers filled with students from Beacon Hills High School give a collective sigh.

"I'm so confused," Lacey, the girl behind me says. I don't see her as much as I thought I would due to the fact that we only have a few trainings and only one class together. It turns out that this school doesn't take cheerleading as seriously as I wanted it to. Surprisingly, I don't mind that much with everything going on at the moment.

"The other school just scored," I inform her with a small smile.

"Why did you two drag me out here?"

"Because," begins Stella who sits next to her. "You said you wanted to go out. And you wanted to see cute boys. Since I felt like watching this game tonight, I brought you here."

I laugh at the two girls bickering before facing the front once again to pay attention to what's happening. Now, Scott misses his chance as Brett scoops up the ball from the ground and dodges my cousin, running off to our net. Scott continues to catch up as Liam tries to help. He runs over but two Devonford players purposely block him, sending him to the ground. While that happens, Brett scores the second goal for his school.

I can hear the rest of the crowd go 'ooooh' at what just occurred to Liam and because the opposing team got yet another point. Mason and Violet cringe together with me as we wait for what happens next. Suddenly, Liam roughly gets up from the ground with the two players before him. He shoves off his helmet, throws down his gloves, and glares fiercely.

I gulp, having an idea of what'll happen next. "Oh shit," is all I can say.

Liam lunges at the two guys before him, but fortunately, Scott and Stiles are there in time to hold him back until he settles down. The boys from Devonford look surprised at first, but they walk away right after.

"He's got to chill or else they're gonna bench him," Mason comments thoughtfully. I give a nod of agreement and soon, Liam seems to calm down, shrugging the hands of Scott and Stiles off of him.

Players from both teams spread out to take a breath as the referee places the ball back on the ground. It's Stiles' turn now, and from here, you can tell that he's making small talk with the player he's against. He is amazingly able to get the ball before the other guy does and runs away, skillfully passing it to another player: Kira.

"Yes!" I exclaim quietly.

Kira freezes for a moment, looking back and forth at Stiles and to the ball in her lacrosse stick. She finally moves after a while, moving out of the way of the others who try to block her or make her miss her shot.

"Pass it!" Coach Finstock orders loudly over the noise. "Kira, pass the ball!"

I don't know if she can't hear him or she just doesn't want to listen, but Kira shoots the ball and scores the first point for Beacon Hills High School. The crowd erupts into cheers, some even standing up to clap. I whoop loudly along my friends, glad that the gap of points between the other team is closing.

Kira and the rest of this school's team members punch the air or jump around in excitement. She even runs over to Scott but they are interrupted by the coach.