Chapter 11

The whole audience leaves the lacrosse field quite quickly. Mason informs me that he's going to head home and we'll definitely have to talk about all of this when we see each other again. I have to sit alone in the soon to be empty bleachers as I impatiently wait for any news. Luckily, I soon get a text from Scott, but roll my eyes as I look at his name on the screen, remembering that he'd changed it a few nights before.

From: Scott the Hot 🐺
Inside the school. Near the boy's locker rooms

I get up right away, hurrying to get inside the school. I find him in a hallway that's filled with people from the police department, making me slightly intimidated. I stop short though when I notice that Scott's dad is standing in front of my cousin. I begin stepping away to hide in the shadows, but unfortunately, I am called out.

"Riley," a deep voice says.

I scrunch my face up, mentally cursing myself from being found. I then put on a small smile and turn around, gracefully walking towards Scott and his dad.

"Mr. McCall," I say stiffly. It's been a long time since I've seen him and I'm unsure whether calling him 'uncle' is even appropriate. After all, I'm technically not even related to him. It's Aunt Melissa I'm really related to.

Scott's dad chuckles a bit at my use of words. "It's good to see you again, Riley."

"You too."

"You've grown," he says, smiling.

I nod and stand awkwardly to the side, none of us speaking again. As I wait for someone to talk, Violet comes from around the corner, her hands held to the back by some officer. I can't read his name tag from here, so I open my mouth to ask Scott but it's not needed as Violet speaks.

"Jordan Parrish?" she questions, looking at the man's name tag. Upon hearing her voice, Scott looks around to watch her.

"Deputy Parrish," he corrects Violet, forcing her to keep walking.

When she passes by, she obviously makes eye contact with my cousin, sending him a small smirk. It creeps me out slightly, but it doesn't seem to faze Scott in the slightest. As she and Deputy Parrish leave, Sheriff Stilinski arrives.

"Sheriff," says Mr. McCall, starting at the item inside a plastic ziplock that the Sherrif holds. "What is that? Is that the weapon?"

"Yeah," Sheriff Stilinski replies, turning the weapon over in his hands. "A thermo-cut wire."

The two adults exchange glances and Mr. McCall soon looks away. "Parrish," he suddenly calls out, walking to where they passed by. "Hold up." Sheriff Stilinski walks behind him, leaving Scott and I alone.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt or something?" I question him.

"No, no, I'm fine." I hear someone's footsteps behind me, and they turn out to be Liam's.

"Where's Kira?" Scott asks as his Beta makes his way over to us.

"She took off," he answers. "Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool."

"Her mom's on it..."

"Everyone's on it."

"You're not," Scott interrupts.

"Not yet," Liam says with his eyebrows raised.

"There's still another part, right?" I ask anxiously and they simply nod their heads at me. The two suddenly become quiet. I don't understand at first, but I soon realize that they're listening in on an interrogation with Violet. Their voices are faint and unlike Scott and Liam, I don't have super senses. I try my best to hear what they're talking about, but I can only catch bird of it.