Chapter 8

On Monday morning, I wake up later than usual and find myself running late for school. I take the quickest shower I can possibly do then gather my school things while putting on my leggings. As I put on my mint green pullover, I trip over my sneaker flats because I try putting them on at the same time as well... bad idea.

I might be exaggerating with the time, but I don't want to miss the bus and end up having to ride my parents' car.

When I finally get dressed and my bag is prepared, I calm down a bit. I then jog down the steps of the stairs and grab some toast which is left at the kitchen table. I take a bite of it as I try to tie my hair up in a neat ponytail- oh, and while attempting to open the front door. It's honestly impossible for me but hey, I tried.

With slight difficulty and almost dropping my things, I am able to open the door. I don't let go of the toast in my one hand but drop my binder full of papers in surprise when someone's face pops up.

I look down as my binder falls to my feet and I don't have the time to catch it, but another pair of hands appear, preventing it from even touching the ground. I look up at the mystery person and smile sheepishly when I find out who it is.

"Thanks, Liam," I grin.

"Perks of being a werewolf," he whispers to me cheekily and I laugh at how he jokes about it.

"Yeah, yeah, keep bragging about your skills," I scoff playfully, adjusting my things before beginning to walk.

"I was just saying," Liam defends, falling into step next to me as we make our way to the bus stop. It was just a very short walk, so we went there in silence, but I didn't mind it.

"You nervous for the scrimmage tonight?" I suddenly bring up when we arrive there, remembering that he and Scott mentioned that it would be today.

"Not really. Sort of," he shrugs. "I always feel at least a bit anxious before a game."

"True," I agree with a nod. "What school are you playing, though?"

Liam opens his mouth to respond, but then closes it with a frown.

"Uh, Liam?" I laugh at his frown as the bus pulls up and slightly familiar faces come jogging from the nearby blocks to catch up. When the bus door opens, I immediately take a step to get in.

"I must've missed the announcement," he finally says with a sheepish grin as I look back at him.

I shake my head, amused at his answer, then start to find a good seat. As always, Mason is already in one of them, so he smiles upon noticing us. The seat beside him is open, and I leave that for Liam since they're obviously closer, so I take a seat on the one behind him.

"Morning," I greet, taking my seat and dropping my bag next to me.

"Hey," he replies to us as Liam sits next to him.

When everybody had entered the bus, the door closes, and the driver right away drives towards Beacon Hills High.

→ → →

"Like, we never see him anymore, and he's always so mysterious."

"Violet's never around either."

"Hmm... wow, you're right. Didn't notice that."

Right now, Mason is ranting about Garrett's weird disappearances and how he's annoyed by them, and because of that, I noticed Violet's always MIA as well. Liam and I are mostly just agreeing with whatever Mason complains because he's known Garrett at least a bit longer, so it's not abnormal for him to be confused with his actions. Violet is just a random part of this problem since she's basically just Garrett's girlfriend.