Chapter 7

"Scott, I am not bringing it."

"But-"

"No."

"Stiles, back me up."

"Come on, Riley, it's just in case!"

"Yeah, it's not like you're actually going to kill him."

"And what if I do?"

"You won't."

"Probably."

"Stiles!"

"Sorry."

"Look guys, I am not bringing my bow and arrow to possibly shoot someone!" I screech and stop abruptly at the end of the last hallway in the school. I feel a weird silence enveloping us and look around, only to see that most students are now looking in this direction.

I shrink back, feeling awkward, and Stiles says, "Nothing to hear here, get on with your lives. We're not talking to you anyways."

Amazingly, everybody does whatever they had been doing before I yelled and I look around, impressed, and my eyebrows raised.

"Nice," I comment.

"I've been told," says Stiles casually, nodding his head. "So? Are you gonna bring it or not?"

I sigh impatiently and give in. "Alright, alright. Now, how and when are we getting to the lake house?"

Scott answers, saying, "My bike, tonight. I'll pick you up."

When I get home from school, I remind my parents about going to the lake house today. I was told yesterday by Scott about it so I was also able to tell my parents as well. They said yes, although I had to remind them again. I also had to sit for half an hour while I listen to their lecture on rules and stuff.

Now, I'm searching my closet for what to wear tonight. Yes, I know it's not actually a party, but you always gotta look good.

In the end, I choose a white cropped top, a leather jacket that I wrap around my waist first because it's not even cold at the moment, and skinny jeans. As I look at my reflection on my full-length mirror, I am satisfied with my outfit and finish it off with boots. My outfit seems simple enough and doesn't look too much at all, so I just relax as I wait for Stiles and Scott to come over.

Only a few minutes pass when I hear the the familiar roaring of a motorbike pull up outside my house. I frown in confusion as I ponder why he's early, get up from my bed, walk to my window, and peek through the curtains. When I conclude that it's really him, I pull the curtain back and get my bag which I sling over my right shoulder. Actually, it's a maroon backpack that I've used for school when I was younger... but how else am I supposed to fit a weapon in here without it being obvious?

When I get out of my room and shut it close, I see my dad walking down the hall, probably going to answer the door.

"Dad," I call him and he turns around. "It's just Scott, I can get it."

"Sure it's him?" he questions and I nod. "Okay, but if a ghost from one of those horror movies you used to watch comes and gets you, don't blame me."

I roll my eyes and groan at him playfully. "Dad, I'm not scared of them anymore! I swear."

"Not even..." he pauses then takes a loud steps towards me, "Anabelle?"

"Ugh," I say, remembering that creepy doll from The Conjuring. "Alright, she's still scary. Okay, end of convo. Bye."

"Bye, have fun," he tells me before heading back to his room.

I scoff with a faint smile on my face then run down the stairs, hoping I haven't made my cousin wait too long.