Chapter 15

I press the doorbell once and the door swings open a minute later, revealing Liam in a red shirt with the name of some rock band. His hair is wet, showing that he probably just stepped out of the shower.

"Scott and Stiles are picking us up soon," I inform him.

"No hello?" he says.

"Hello."

"That's better."

Today, we would be going to Kira's house. The two best friends have yet again come up with a brilliant idea (not really), and it would start once we are all assembled.

Liam now steps to the side to let me in, closes the door, then walks up the stairs with me behind him.

"Sorry, could you wait for a while? I'll be ready in a few minutes," he says, briefly looking back at me as we go up to his room.

"Wow, I'm actually ready before you," I smirk, playfully gesturing to my outfit consisting of a beige pullover and light washed jeans.

"I may have forgotten the time," Liam tells me upon entering his bedroom.

I chuckle a bit and sit down at the edge of his bed, placing my laptop and bag containing my weapon down (I still haven't found a better bag to conceal it). Liam enters his bathroom to change into something else, but a few seconds later, he pokes his head out.

"Hey Riley, you mind throwing me my hoodie over there?"

I look back to where he's pointing and see a grey and dark blue hoodie beside me.

"As a matter of fact, I do mind," I joke.

"Seriously?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

Liam heaves a long sigh before he steps out of from behind the door and I widen my eyes.

"Y-You're shirtless."

"Well, you didn't want to pass me my hoodie, so I have to get it myself," he says nonchalantly, walking past me to get what he needs. I can't help but stare... I don't know if it's because of his fit body or because I'm in shock that he's actually shirtless.

"What happened to your shirt?" I say stupidly.

He laughs at my question. "I was gonna get a new one. It's here, too." He shows me a plain white shirt that was actually under the hoodie I was supposed to give to him.

"Right. Got it." With no other words, Liam heads back to change into those clothes. Only a minute later, he walks out wearing that white shirt and the hoodie zipped up. My phone vibrates, alerting me of a new text. I glance down quickly and it's from Stiles, saying that he's outside our houses.

"They're waiting outside now," I tell Liam, trying to forget what I saw earlier.

"Oh, okay," he nods, picking up his own laptop. "Let's go, then."

We jog down his stairs and leave his home, meeting the two other boys on the road in Stiles' jeep.

"All aboard, both of you," Stiles says loudly from the driver's seat.

"Nice to see you too, Stiles," I say sarcastically. Stiles just waves at me enthusiastically then turns back to face the front.

Liam and I step inside to sit in the back seat and once we shut the doors, we drive away to Kira's house. When we arrive at the modern home, the front door opens with Kira standing there before we can even get out of the jeep. Now that we're all here, this whole plan that I've been told just a little while ago feels more real.