Chapter Twelve- The gift from Chris

Angelina’s point of view:

After washing the toilet, I checked what I have washed again to avoid harass words tonight. Immediately after getting the satisfaction, I went out of the toilet just to see Mr. Martins half naked, who had removed his dress except for his boxer. I moved my eyes away from him to the door.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I have finished washing the toilet sir” I replied him but I didn’t turn to him.

“Wait let me check the toilet you washed” he said, I turned to him to see what he was doing only to see that he was going inside the toilet. 

“This toilet is not clean enough. Wash it again.” he ordered. Hearing that, my eyes become red due to the tears that got stored in them. It took all my strength to stop them from slipping down, I almost cried. This man is maltreating me, have I ever done anything to hurt him in the past?

I went back to the toilet and washed them again. After like 12:30am I finished washing it and thank God, he let me go. He told me to wake up before 4:00am to prepare his breakfast and get his dress ready for the day.

My first day working with Mr. Martins is like working in hell.

I woke up 3:00am to clean the whole house, wash the plates the used yesterday’s night and also clean the bar area, I finished that 4:30am, I started to prepare his breakfast, I set the table and also went up to take out a cloth for him, iron it and lay it on the bed and not also forgetting to clean his shoe and place it beside his bed. I prepared his bath also.

When his breakfast was ready, I served it. Now it is time to wake up the monster.

I went to his room at 5:30am to wake him up. He is still sleeping. I moved closer to the bed to wake but I stopped. I don’t know the reason. I moved my head closer to look at him, he is so peaceful why he is sleeping, he looks freaking handsome. I don’t want to do anything that would make him get angry at me this morning; I composed myself and then tapped him gently. He didn’t move, he only opened his eyes, when he saw that I was the one he sat up straight.

“What is the problem?” he asked lazily.

“Nothing Sir, I only woke you up for the day.” I said.

“Did I instruct you to wake me up?” he asked, he is getting angry holy shit. What have I done?

“No sir, I just feel that….”  He cut me off.

“Feel that what, don’t you see the alarm? Or do I tell you I am not capable of waking up myself” he said angrily.

“I am sorry sir” I apologized.

“Get the fuck out of here, idiot.” he commanded and I obeyed.

Mr. Martins didn’t complain about anything I did for him, he wore the dress I laid out for him and also ate the food I prepared without a single complaint. And that was a good relief.

When he went out I slept like a log but was conscious of when I would wake up.

***

It has been two weeks of working for Mr. Martins and I shouldn’t lie, it has been like working in hell, I tried all my might to make him be proud of me but everything I did was in vain. My first week was like I was dying but later I got used to it.

We moved to our house not long ago but when they were moving there I wasn’t there which was painful. I only get the privilege to go home on weekends. Mr. Martins is a womanizer, I know that 5 days ago. Well, I know he is a bachelor but he has been bringing home different girls like seriously. I feel jealous of it but what can I do, I am just a maid here like he always says.

I miss Chris anyway, if he was here, the house would be living not this boring. I hope he comes today.

I walk through Mr. Martins’ closet as I smell his clothes. I am here to pick up his dirty clothes but I am doing a different thing entirely. I smell the scent of his clothes deeply, I love it but the scent is familiar. Familiar, yes but I don’t know where I know this scent from. As I hear the door open, I quickly pack the clothes and move out of his closet before thunder strikes.

“Good afternoon sir” I greeted him.

“Afternoon” he replied, I went out of his room to the laundry.

I finished washing his clothes along with mine after two hours of ironing. I spread the clothes and I went out of the laundry room. I really want to know where I know the scent from and I know I will remember because I have a sharp brain. I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I heard my name from far away; I turned to the direction to see Chris coming my way. Oh my god Chris, I have missed him so much. Thank God he came. I have missed him so much.

I smiled at him. Now he is in front of me.

“Hey Chris, how are you doing?” I asked him excitedly.

“I am fine and you?” he asked me.

“Cool I must say” I replied him.

“I see, you look pale seriously.  haven't  you been eating properly?” he asked, he looked worried.

“Seriously? I look pale? Well maybe I am not really eating enough, I will try to balance up” I told him truthfully.

“I bought you a gift” he stretched his hand, holding out the gift to me.

“It is a phone, I see that you don’t have a phone so I bought it for you” he said. I couldn’t believe my ears. He bought a phone for me, seriously. I shook my head in disapproval as I returned to what I was doing before.

“Thank you Chris but I can’t accept it is way too big to accept. Please I am sorry but I can’t” I said.

“It doesn’t matter, Angelina, please collect it” he said.

“No please.”

“Okay I insist or I won’t come to visit you any longer. You shouldn’t decline a gift from a friend you know” he said. Shit I knew that would happen. I know he will insist now I have to take it not to lose a friend.

“Fine.” I said.

“That is my beautiful damsel.” he hugged me and that was pretty fine but the problem is that Mr. Martins was looking at us from afar with a deep frown on his face. Shit! When I mean shit, I mean shit. This is bullshit.

……....