Chapter Thirty one- Mr Martins

Angelina’s point of view:

“Are you pregnant?” a voice said, I looked over to the person and thankfully it was Mr. Martins, Dave’s father.  Thank god he came

He stood by the door with his hands pocketed in his pants. Of course he is always looking expensive and young. I looked at the mirror and stared at myself. I really look pale this morning, really pale.

“yes, I am. Stupid mistake right? I was supposed to be his maid but I became of his whores. You know I always thought he loved me back in the past few weeks we have spent together but I was wrong. He was only using e to satisfy his desires, Silly Angelina. And know, and know I am pregnant with his baby. I forgot about my dreams and aspirations just to be with him. that’s peachy like peachy. Now I mean now no more college, no more biology, no more biology.  I have to let go of my dreams. Stupid Angelina. I am stupid right, Mr. martins” I asked him. I wiped my tears, when did I even start crying?

“You are not stupid Angelina, no please don’t call you self that. All this is not your fault. You are not to be blamed for. Angelina, I should be calling myself that, I am to be blamed for all this not you Angelina” he said in a low voice.

“What are you talking about Mr. martins?”  What the hell is he talking about?

“It was all my fault Angelina; I am to be blamed for this Angelina. The first day I saw you, I saw so many things in you. I see you as a responsible girl, I sense your diligence and how you were ready to work for your college, how you took your family as your first priority.

That was the reason I employed you as Dave’s maid. Though I have jobs I can offer you, I thought that was the best one at that time. Later when I saw that my plan was falling apart, I went to Dave’s most important investors and made a deal with them, that they had to lie to Dave that he has to become a father before they can invest in his company and in return they will have shares in one of my branches. I knew that Molly is pregnant and Dave’s exes are either busy with their work or are not really to become a mother. and that’s exactly what I want. You will only be Dave’s choice and he will make you his child’s surrogate mother. I thought you guys will live under this roof and later on you guys will fall in love with each other and spend the rest of our lives together. I thought that you would be able to change his ways to the right path but later I realized that I was selfish, I only considered my son’s future, not yours. I should have considered your dream before planning all this. I hope you can find a place in your heart to forgive me” he confessed. I couldn’t believe my ears. I am not really sure of what I heard.

“What are you talking about, sir? What’s all this? I don’t understand” I asked him.

“I am sorry, Angelina” he said again.

Mr. Martins didn’t really help me for kindness's sake, he helped me to get this job because of Dave. Really? I thought he really wanted to help me but that was not his intention. I am a victim of both father and son I understand now.

I lost balance and fell on my knees sobbing. I couldn’t believe all this. The man I trust with my entire future. The man I thought will help me with my college has an evil motive behind all it all.

“please forgive me Angelina” he pleaded.

“How can you do that Mr. martins? I trusted you more than I trusted myself. How?

“Please forgive me, please. I was blinded by my wishes, please Angelina do forgive me? He pleaded.

Who am I not to forgive him? even Mr. Martins is not a person I can keep malice with.

I wiped my tears and stood up.

“I forgive you Mr. Martins, it’s okay. Let's forget about it” I said.

“are you sure Angelina?” he asked

“I promise you, I forgive you please let’s forget about that” I told him.

“Thank you Angelina. Is there anything I can help you with in your condition?”  he asked, so kind of him. as if he has read my mind.

“Yes please, I want to leave this house without Dave knowing about it. I can’t stand them, Mr. martins. I can’t stand seeing them together mar martins. I can’t bear seeing The man I love and trust with another lady. Please take me away from here.” I begged him.

“I can do that, but I can’t take you along because Molly knows I am here, so if I take you now, she will know” he took a key out and passed it to me to take. “Take this key, this is the key to one of my houses down in the city. I will send the address to you. when you really call me I will send my driver here to take you there” he said.

“thank you Mr. martins but I will rather go instead of going there” I told him.

“I respect your decision but please take it for future purpose” he said, I collected the key from him and put it in my back pocket.

“thank you Mr. matins”

“don’t mention, I have something to tell you. even though I respect my decision I never result the outcome, what is inside you, my grandchild” he said with a smile.

I am speechless...

“Let me start going,” he said. He pulled me to a hug before he left.

I also went out of the toilet. On my way to the kitchen, the witch stopped me.

“So you are pregnant, wonderful. Just listen carefully, Dave mustn’t know about it or else you won’t be able to see your child. Consider it a threat.” she said  with hatred.

“You treat it as empty as an empty vessel full of noises, just be happy. I have the intention of not letting Dave know about my pregnancy or else I would have told him, so madam don’t be so full of yourself. If you excuse me now I have better thing to do” with that I went to pack up my loads and called Mr. martins to send the send here. I hope this is the last time I am seeing this house.

…..