Thirty Nine- Family Dinner

"Here they come." Aunty Amy said.

"Oh my God! You look good together." Mr Martins said. They all focused on us as we descended the stairs. I feel a little shy.

"Oh, my little Jamal." My mom said as she came to carry Jamal from his dad.

"Hey Daddy" I ran to him and hugged him.

"How is my little angel doing?" He asked. 

"Fine, I already told you not to call me little angel again. I have  a son now." I pouted.

"No matter how much you have grown, you will always be my little angel. Nothing will change that fact." He said.

"Hmm. I love you Daddy." I said to him,

"I love you too, my little princess." He said as I released him.

"Hello, little brother." I said as I stood in front of him and messed his hair up.

He glared at me and went to sit on the couch.

What's wrong with him?

I walked to Mr Martins and gave him a side hug. This man is my benefactor. He helped me life to where it has gotten today. Missing the scholarship interview and asking him for help is the best thing I have done in my entire life because without that, I wouldn't have gotten the love of my life, and my education and even help my family from the situation we got ourselves into. I am grateful to him and I will forever be grateful to him. He is a hero not to only me but to all the students that have gotten education and help through him.

"How are you doing, Angel?" He asked me with a genuine smile on his face. We separated.

"I am good and you?" I asked him as I returned the smile.

"I am good as you can see." He jogged showing off, I laughed at his little joke.

"I can see that too." I said.

"It's almost time and Jim and Chris aren't here yet" Mrs Martins panicked.

Ever since that incident, Mrs Martins made sure we always have family dinner with Chris and Jim. And I won't lie, it has been wonderful.

"Here they are." My mom said Chris entered the living room and greeted everyone. He hugged me.

"God, you look beautiful, angel." He complimented.

"You are not looking bad, yourself." I said to him,

"I will catch ya later but I need to deal with this, your boyfriend." He said as he let go of me and went to Dave.

"Hey pal" he punched his arm playfully.

"What the fuck?" Dave glared at him. Then they went to the couch and started discussing. 

Jim entered with a lady beside him. She looks so beautiful and elegant. She is dressed in a long red gown. She looks like a model with the way she walks.

"Hello." Jim said and grabbed everyone's attention.

"Good evening. I want you to meet Lilia and Lilia, meet my beautiful family. You might all be wondering who she is, so I am going to tell you a short story. She was and still is one of the hospital's doctors who likes me but I never noticed her until a few months ago. I cared for me and loved myself when I was down, so I returned the love and here we are, madly in love with each other. I love her so much. I love her to the moon and back and I want to share the rest of my life with her." He said. We all cheered and clapped for them. They look so lovely and in love. Jim is so romantic. Lilia is blushing from ear to ear.