Hawk is Overprotective (and That Isn't Always a Good Thing)

Hey everyone! This one is about a school shooter situation, so there will be gun violence, blood, and things that typically come from a school shooter scenario. If that makes you uncomfortable or triggers you at all, please don't read. Enjoy!

---

When Hawk became Hawk, obviously there were huge differences. Most of them physical, however there was one that really everyone except Hawk himself noticed. 

When he was Eli, he always tended to be protective, although he could never stand up to anyone. Whenever Kyler would insult Demetri or attack him, Eli always felt a bubble of frustration and anger rise in him. When he saw kids being slammed into lockers and beaten, Eli felt a surge of anger and... helplessness. He felt helpless as he watched things like that happen every day. 

When Hawk arose, he wasn't helpless anymore. 

The first time he saw Kyler cornering Demetri after his transformation, he didn't stand by and wish he could do something. He did something. 

Kyler and his buddies were laughing and mocking Demetri as they slammed him into the lockers. Kyler noticed Hawk approaching, looking royally pissed off. 

" HEY!" Hawk barked. The other students who'd gathered around the scene and who were still in earshot of the situation moved out of Hawk's way, startled, and a bit fearful. 

" What the hell do you think you're doing to my friend?!" Hawk demanded. Kyler dropped Demetri onto the ground, said boy immediately curled up, protecting his stomach and groaning in pain. 

" You're friends with this piece of shit?" Kyler asked, mildly interested. Hawk snorted. 

" Always have been," he stated harshly. Kyler finally noticed the scar that was still above his lip. 

" Wait... lip?!" Kyler asked, shocked. He took a step back, unnerved. Hawk grinned deviously, spreading his arms out. 

" Nah, it's Hawk now. And no one assaults my friends," Hawk said, his expression darkening. With a shout, he surged forward, slamming his fist into Kyler's stomach, immediately compromising him and taking him out of the fight. The other two that were with Kyler hardened their gazes and charged. Hawk tripped one of them, sweeping their legs out from under them, and clotheslined the other. They didn't try to get back up. 

" Come on Demetri, I've got you," Hawk said, immediately softening and helping Demetri to his feet. Demetri still hunched over his stomach, feeling a bruise already forming. However his face developed a redder tone at Hawk's soft touch.

" You okay, Dem? Your face is red," Hawk asked, concerned as they made their way to the nurse's office. Demetri balked and stuttered a bit before answering. 

" Y-yeah, I'm okay," Demetri said finally. Hawk smiled gently. 

" That's good." 

---

Over the course of the first semester, Hawk had already helped countless students, and even an occasional teacher with people giving them problems. He became so well known for how he helped however needed it, even if they didn't know them, that a pillar near the front entrance became known as the "Hawk Help Line." If you were having problems, and didn't want to seek out Hawk yourself, you wrote down what was hurting you, or what your situation was. Usually Hawk was standing by the pillar, reading things recently written. 

He'd helped a lot of people, and had definitely become overprotective of almost everyone in the school. He'd flip at the slightest remarks made to one of his friends. Even just one threat, and that person found themselves being socked in the face and tripped the floor.