You're Drunk

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've watched the first seasons or so of Cobra Kai, so I'm not really familiar with the timeline anymore. This one shot is going to take place season one ish, but like, my own made up moment ig. Sam just broke up with Miguel, and the Cobra Kai students (under Johnny in S1) are at a Christmas party I guess? With a lot of the rest of the high school. Hope that helps, and hopefully the story will do the rest lol 

This is a lot of Miguel x Hawk btw

Enjoy!

( TW for under-age drinking, drunk behavior, mentions of vomiting )

---

Spilled spiked punch coated the floor, red plastic cups were scattered across the floor, neon lights flashed across the walls, floor, and ceiling, heavy bass reverberated through the house, joyful screams and shouts echoed across the neighborhood, and Hawk was laid across a stranger's couch, scrolling through his phone and taking small, careful sips of the punch previously mentioned. 

Most of the other Cobras were outside, shoving each other in the pool and sparring by the side, seeing who could kick who in first. Other students from the school were trying to see who could balance better drunk, standing on a stool with one foot. Some people were already wasted, resting in spare bedrooms around the house. 

Hawk should've been celebrating just as hard as everyone else. The first semester of sophomore year was over, and Christmas break started in two days, on Monday. But he was more worried about Miguel. 

Speaking of which. 

Hawk glanced out the glass sliding doors, spotting Miguel brooding in a corner, under a palm tree, his face illuminated by the distant pool waters. He was nursing a red cup filled with the punch. Hawk winced. That had to be his fifth cup of the night, and they'd only been here for about an hour. No one knew what exactly was in the punch, but it was getting them drunk, so they didn't really care. 

Sick of sitting on the couch, Hawk sat up, stretched his arms up and rose to his feet, shaking away the wave of dizziness that washed over him. Before stepping out, Hawk grabbed a cup of water for Miguel. He needed something other than the punch. 

Hawk pushed the door open more to make room for the poor kid who looked like he was about to throw up. Shaking his head slightly, Hawk stepped out into the backyard decorated with fairy lights and strings of light bulbs, covered in plastic cups and couples getting too close for anyone's comfort. Some of his friends from the dojo tried to wave him over to join their fights, and he waved them off, gesturing vaguely in Miguel's direction. 

Miguel still was gazing mournfully into the pool water, not having even shifted since Hawk last glanced his way. 

The boy startled when Hawk tapped his shoulder, sitting next to him. 

" Hey," Hawk spoke quietly. Miguel sighed, returning the greeting. Carefully, Hawk removed the red cup from Miguel's fingers, and surprisingly, he let him. Hawk handed him the cup of water. 

" You look like you could use this," Hawk added, and Miguel chuckled emptily. 

" That bad, huh?" Miguel asked, and Hawk nodded, concern in his eyes as he laid a hand on Miguel's knee. 

" You can't drink your problems away, Miguel. They'll still be there when you wake up tomorrow. The only difference is that you'll be hungover," Hawk spoke softly. Miguel groaned. 

" I don't really care right now, man. It hurts and I don't want to feel anything right now. So, I'm drinking," Miguel admitted, his words slurring together.