Too Sorry Too Late

Hey everyone! this was requested by Aifosa_ a couple of months ago, and I never got to it, which I am sorry for. Hopefully you all can enjoy it!

tw for attempted suicide, mentions of scars and self harm, suicidal thoughts and actions. If any of these make you uncomfortable in any way, please do not read!

---

"Guys I am so, so sorry. I didn't want to hurt any of you, and I did, and I'm sorry. I don't have any excuses. You didn't deserve what I did to you all."

A broken and screaming and weeping boy with blood on his hands, scars on his wrists, gel in his hair and sorry on his lips. It was supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year.

What a fucking joke.

"No. We don't forgive you. You are not forgiven, not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Leave."

He wanted to laugh. He wanted to cry. He didn't know what he wanted.

---

Dead of night, pitch black, cold as all hell despite it being California. Alone.

As always.

No one gave the bleeding boy a second glance, with gel in his hair, cuts on his wrists, tears down his face, and cries on his lips.

Eventually he reached where even the street light lamps don't reach. They aren't this far out, on a cliff face over the roiling ocean.

Trees casted enormous shadows over the boy and the cliff and the bugs.

The cliff was inanimate and bold and unmoving - it didn't care about the shadow.

The bugs acknowledged the shadow as another beautiful part of life, the darkness in front of the light, the darkness that is malleable and changeable. They simply observed and moved on.

The boy thought the shadow over his face to be a cruel metaphor. Even at his lowest, he is not allowed the dark sunlight of the moon.

The shadow didn't know any of this. It was temporary, a blip in a moment, and so it was simply unfeeling. A watcher, not a participant. It didn't stay to see what would occur, with this broken boy, the cliff, the ocean, and the bugs.

Silently, Hawk sat to rest, his feet dangling off the edge. He watched the ocean, roiling and deep and full of secrets. He imagined maybe seeing the ancient city of R'lyeh rise out of the Pacific way off in the distant, Cthulhu rising, devouring everything in his path, Hawk included. A few fleeting moments of terror, before being devoured by a beast he was incapable of understanding? Maybe not the best way to die.

Hawk found himself wondering if perhaps the ocean would embrace him, should he fall. If maybe once the meat was gone from his bones, if schools of fish would find home in his remains.

He snorted. That would be the only possible way for him to be of any use.

No, an embrace is too merciful. For the sins he has committed? Nothing short of torment would suffice.

And yet...

Hawk found himself listing forward.

His father was out of this picture. His mother wasn't home often enough to know whether or not he was dead. No siblings to speak of. Every friend he'd had was gone. They would not forgive him. So why, really. Why should he continue this life?

Perhaps he would be reincarnated. Maybe he would get a second chance.

Not that he deserves it. If anything, he goes straight to whatever hell awaits him, whatever devil is left to claim his soul once released from his body.