The First Lesson Of Miyagi-Fang

Hey everyone! So this one shot will be about the first lesson when Lawrence and Larusso tried to work together and Johnny used Hawk as a target for his team. It's been a while since I've watched that episode, so not everything will be totally accurate, but I hope you can enjoy it all the same! 

---

" Everyone fall in!" Johnny shouted. Eagle Fang had gone to the front to work on their techniques and lesson for the day while Miyagi Do went inside the dojo. Hawk followed uncertainly. He already didn't feel like he fit in, and it didn't help when Johnny singled him out. 

" Hawk, come here," Lawrence said. Hawk nodded and bowed, standing across from his sensei. Suddenly, and without any warning at all, Johnny swept Hawk's legs out from under him, sending the boy to the ground. 

" Today we're going to be practicing our front sweeps. On Hawk," he explained. Hawk opened his mouth to apologize, to try to get out of it, but closed it. He deserved this. For all the shit he's done? This was a light punishment.

Miguel was concerned when Hawk didn't retaliate or say anything. The Hawk he knew would've griped, complained, or hell, even apologize. It was worrisome, and Miguel was reluctant to attack the teen that had been his friend. 

The lesson went on, and the students of Eagle Fang were unforgiving. Hawk fell again and again, giving up on catching himself. He particularly hated it when someone got a sudden surge of power or adrenaline. They ended up kicking out his legs, tossing him a bit in the air, and he landed on his back with a harsh exhale, the air having been forced out of his lungs. 

Hawk had lost track of time by now. He was dizzy, spots danced across his eyes, and his entire body ached. But he still stood. 

" You all have made great improvement today. Now, we're going to work on speed and power combined-" Johnny began, cutting himself off with his own demonstration. He swept forward and, using only one side of his body, forcing an arm into and around Hawk's neck and tripping him, slamming him into the ground. 

"-to neutralize your attacker and get them to the ground. By doing this, you will make it harder for them to breathe, cause contusions or bruises to develop on their neck, and get them to the ground and unable to attack," Johnny explained, gesturing to how Hawk was slightly curled up, holding a protective hand over and on his neck. 

Miguel grimaced in sympathy. Johnny was going too far. Yes, Hawk had been an asshole. But he didn't deserve this. 

Hawk's body felt like it was on fire. Everything hurt, and he was surely going to wake up with massive bruises forming on his body. The only thing that kept him from giving up and surrendering to the sleep that crawled on the edge of his mind was that he deserved this. He deserved every amount of pain that was coming to him, and hell, so far it hadn't even been enough. 

Half an hour went by with the students attacking Hawk, practicing the demonstrated attack. Hawk was sure he was going to pass out. Finally, Daniel stormed out after Johnny had yelled at Hawk to, "suck it up," and, "stop being such a baby."

" Sensei Lawrence!" Larusso shouted. Hawk groaned in relief. This brief interruption meant he could rest for even just a few seconds. 

" May I talk to you over here?" Larusso asked, trying to be polite. Lawrence nodded and walked over. As soon as they were out of ear shot, Lawrence spoke up. 

" The hell's wrong with you? I'm trying to teach a lesson here!"  Sensei Lawrence demanded. Daniel rolled his eyes in disbelief. 

" So am I! And it is quite difficult to focus with you shouting obscenities right outside the window! And for the love of God why are you using a student as a punching bag?! That's why I have one set up!" Daniel exclaimed rather loudly. It was Johnny's turn to roll his eyes.