Childhood Innocence and the Wisdom it Holds

Hey crew! So this one is probably going to end up being kind of depressing, and it's going to be set up in kind of a weird way?? This is going to be a one shot about a few of the Cobra Kai characters having a conversation with their child selves. Enjoy!

---

" When your name is called, you're going to step into this room. You will be put into a deep sleep, as will your child self, and you're going to commune in the Dream Space. The child version of you you're talking to will be anywhere  from 5 to 8 years old. For now, mingle, chatter, prepare, whatever, until your name is called," the director announced. Hawk didn't want to do this. Younger him would be shocked and amazed, but horrified by what he's done.

---

" Demetri Alexopoulos "

Demetri opened his eyes to a dark room, the only light strands of christmas lights strung against the walls. There in front of him sat his six year old self on a bean bag, playing with legos, assembling his newest Star Wars lego set. 

The little boy looked over upon hearing Demetri's arrival, and his eyes widened in awe. 

" Woah! You're so tall!" He giggled. Quickly, he scrambled to his feet, wanting to compare himself to... well his older self. 

" Wow! That's so cool!" He pulled Demetri to sit on the other bean bag. 

" Do you wanna build legos with me?!" Young Demetri gave Older Demetri puppy dog eyes that he couldn't refuse. Older Demetri laughed, quick to help the boy build his legos. 

" What's high school like?" The boy asked after a while. Demetri heaved a sigh. 

" It's miserable. There are a lot of bullies; mean people who don't like us. We don't fit in," Demetri said sadly. The little boy shrugged. 

" It's okay, it's nothing we're not used to, right? We'll tough it out, we're strong!" He flashed Demetri a wide smile, and Demetri's heart broke. Younger him was right. He was used to it.

" How's Eli? You know, when you guys are older. He says that he wants to give up on a lot of things, but I'm trying to make sure that he doesn't," younger Demetri frowned. Demetri didn't think it was possible, but his heart broke even further. He'd forgotten about that. 

" He's... alright. He still struggles a lot, but so do we. I'm not really sure if he still wants to give up," Demetri admitted. 

" I'm sure it'll all be okay! He's got us!" Demetri laughed, holding back tears. This was a lot more painful than he thought it would be.

The pair built lego set after lego set, neither boy wanting to leave. 

---

" Robby Keene "

Robby awoke to see a plain bedroom, his younger self sitting dejectedly on the bed. Robby recognized the body language immediately, and what he was doing. He still did the same thing to this day. Or at least had, until he'd been taken in and taken care of. 

Robby carefully went over and sat beside the boy. 

" Mom left again?" Robby asked quietly. The boy nodded, frustrated. He angrily swiped away tears from his eyes. 

" Hey, it's okay to cry. Don't hold it in," Robby cooed, scratching younger him's back. He knew he always liked that sensation. And like a poorly tied weaving, the boy unraveled in Robby's arms, crying into his shoulder, his own shoulders shaking as Robby wrapped his arms around his younger self. 

" Why does she always leave?" Young Robby finally asked, tears still flowing down his cheeks. 

" I don't know, kid. It gets better though, I promise. She gets help, and you get a loving family. It'll be a few years yet, but I promise kid, it gets better," Robby promised. Younger him finally calmed down.