The Rogue & His Healer

so um. hi lmao
I really don't know what I'm doing here. I'm on my phone again, horray!! XD
God I am like, dead right now

BUT

I have an idea

I want to give you all some ✨️content✨️

so here I am???
this shit is not gonna make sense
maybe it will
we'll see

here we go!!!!

(based off D&D/the video game 'Neverwinter')
(Miguel x Hawk)

---

Neverwinter was a ruined kingdom. Ever since Valindra attacked with her army of raised dead, the only safe place for miles was Protector's Enclave. Defended by warriors and soldiers and armed civilians alike, it was an oasis in Hell. Sword Coast and close areas have been dangerous ever since the Collapse, but after Valindra? Even more so.

Fewer and fewer adventurers came back, and slowly Protector's Enclave became smaller and smaller.

The people were blissfully unaware. They knew what happened outside the walls, obviously, but they didn't know just how close they were getting to death.

The King had, as a last ditch attempt, ordered Sargeant Knox to find an adventurer to save them.

This is his story.

A small part of it.

Just something small, but something precious, to keep him alive.

---

Why? Why him? Why the fool that got knocked unconscious two minutes into the most important battle Protector's Enclave had seen?

Why him? When he could barely lift a battle axe, barely a great sword? Why him, when any decent warrior would mistake him (and has) for a battering ram?

'Why me?' was exactly what Hawk had asked Sargeant Knox upon receiving his first quest. The sargeant hadn't said why. At least, not the real reason why.

Though the words went unspoken, they both knew why. Everyone knew.

The war against Valindra had gone on too long. Most adventurers were dead. Or, somehow, worse. They tried not to think about the worse.

So, it was Hawk. He was one of only 13 survivors from The Battle of the Enclave. He was the only one still sane and standing.

So it was Hawk. Hawk, who has now had to fight and kill the Spider Goddess whom Valindra had enslaved in the Clock Tower in Neverdeath Graveyard.

Hawk, who has now had to fight and kill hundreds of wolves and men and a horrible combination of both. Who has slain those in the Wolf Den, returning to the sargeant with a bag of heads slung over his shoulder.

Hawk, who has now killed thousands of zombies and witches and Red Wizard fanatics.

Hawk, who now found himself descending into the Chasm, unsure if he would return alive.

Because no one else was left sane and standing, it was Hawk. Alone, fighting the horrors of this new world under the fear of Valindra.

---