You Could Have Died! (an FH5 AU) [part 1?]

Hey everyone! This one is going to be a bit weird, I will admit. This is Hawk and Miguel, and maybe a few others as minor characters, but in the Forza Horizon (focusing on the 5th game) universe? I know, weird, but hear me out, I had a good idea, and wanted to run with it. This might end up turning into a series of one shots set in this world, or maybe not. I had one idea, with not much story, and kind of was like, yeah we'll do this. This one in particular is kind of based around the Baja expedition to the volcano, as that was kind of where I got most of the inspiration for it. 

I apologize in advance, as there is a good chance I end up completely butchering some of the names of the characters that are behind the radio stations at least. 

My hope for this is that you don't necessarily have to have played the game to understand/appreciate what happens in the story, but I do apologize if it's hard to understand without that backstory/background knowledge. 

This is heavily changed to be easier for story writing, and it's a lot more dramatic btw

This is also another hawk x miguel, btw

here we go!

---

Even if you weren't into cars, or into that world at all, you knew the Horizon Festival. The biggest autosport festival in the entire world, and has been since it's beginning. For a year, the festival would be hosted in one country, holding races of all kinds - dirt racing, cross country, street racing, drag racing, and plenty of other styles. They were also famous for their crazy special events. Cars racing trains, boats, planes, and just about anything else you could imagine that a car wouldn't normally race. These people accomplished things most could only dream of. And it happened every other year without fail. 

This year, they were going to be the biggest they'd ever been, hosted in Mexico. Every year, they got bigger and bigger, but this year was going to be something else. Rather than hosting a bunch of races all on one day, there were scheduled races every. single. day. Their big events, obviously, weren't going to happen nearly as often, but at least every weekend there was going to be something big. And this year, they were putting their star drivers to the test. 

Hawk Moskowitz and Miguel Diaz. Hawk was the super star of street racing and drag racing, while Miguel on the other hand, he was Horizon's star when it came to cross country and dirt racing. They both could easily take first in their non-specialized styles, but they had their preferences, obviously. 

Hawk had first come to the festival as a runaway twelve year old, desperate to get away from his house. Alejandra, the head mechanic for the festival, had a soft spot, and taught him a few things. However she, and the boy, soon realized he had a knack for racing. He grew up with the festival, and soon became one of the biggest names in the festival. 

Miguel had been obsessed with cars since he was a kid, and as soon as he was fourteen - edging on fifteen-, he started racing. He caught the eye of some scouts the festival sent out, and was invited to start competing in the Horizon Festival the year they were based in Colorado. That year, he got big fast, and started touring the world with the festival. Along the way, he met a kid his age that had already been with the festival for almost three years, and they became fast friends. He'd thought his name was a bit odd at first, but he found it cool. Hawk. Unusual, but definitely cool. 

Since they befriended each other and got closer during the off year between Colorado and the France/Italy area, the two started competing together. They didn't always compete in the same races, but they grew together in their own areas, competing in the special events Horizon hosted together, and their bond became instantly recognizable even to newcomers, racers and watchers alike.