Confrontation

We're all outside, and I start to clear the first group for take off, including Rooster. I go over to his plane after I check my dad's and Payback's plane. I climb the ladder to check the controls, canopy, ejection handles, etc. I don't feel him climb up after me, but when I go to climb down, I'm stuck in between him and his plane. Bradley stares at me, a hurt look overtakes his features.

"Daughter?" He seems distraught, angry. Hesitantly, I nod.

"What the hell am I supposed to think about that, Aria?" He's not very calm, but he doesn't yell either, to my relief. I cringe at him saying my name.

"My grandma helped me get into contact with him before she died. I had never known him until three years ago." I say, feeling like I owe him an explanation.

"So you don't know." He sighs, looking at the ground before getting in to the seat, grabbing onto my hand as I go down the ladder. I look at him in question. He kisses my hand. I let out an inaudible gasp.

"That explains why I didn't know about you. We lost contact years ago." He sighs, not angry anymore, hopefully.

"Why?" I ask.

"He did something unreasonable. That's all you gotta know other then,
I hate him. I'll tell you the full story another time, just, don't ask him, ok? He hasn't even given me a reason as to why." Bradley left me with so many questions.

Yet, he came back, pissed as hell. He started doing push ups. He was half way done when some of the others start to tease him. I walk up to them as they start to pose for a selfie, and take the phone out of his hands.

"No phones on my tarmac. Come get it from Hondo when you come to do your own push ups." I scold them. They move quickly to their planes.

"Thanks, sweet girl." He says as he looks at me, still doing his push ups. Hot damn. How is this man so fine? And what the hell is he doing being interested in me? I see him get up, sauntering over to me, sweaty and menacing. He smirks.

"If you don't think I'll hug you while you're sweaty, I think you overestimate my sanity and underestimate my attraction for you." I blurt out, completely serious. He stops walking towards me to look me up and down.

"You admit you're attracted to me?" He asks, a little dazed as he grabs my waist and pulls me close to him. I wrap my arms around his sweaty neck and look around to see if anyone is around, before leaning up to his ear slowly.

"I'm definitely keeping my eyes on you." I say. His little smile dropped and he looked at me darkly. Did I say something wrong?

"Good." He says, and walks away. I continue my job until the last group goes, Rooster and Hangman.

"Good luck, ya big stud." I say to Bradley.

"Why thank you, sweetheart." Hangman interjects, winking at me. I roll my eyes, keeping him furthering the conversation by looking at the ground. Bob and I decided we really didn't like this guy. He's the worst kind of pilot. His name is the best implication of that. I go to look at Hangman to flip him off a he walks away, but Bradley puts his hand in front of my eyes.

"I do physically have to look at other men, Bradley." I deadpan and take his hand off of my face.

"No you don't... I like it when you say my name, sweet girl. But I thought we agreed on big stud. Save Bradley for the bedroom, baby." Oh. My.