Fire

I watch as my dad is carried outside by my teammates, shaking his head as I move to approach. I go to ignore his gesture, walking towards him as he's thrown out on his ass, but a hand grabs mine. I look at Bradley as he stops his light tap on the piano keys to stand and pick me up, putting me on the top of the piano.

I forget all about my dad, focusing on his beautiful eyes. He keeps eye contact with me, only looking away briefly to greet Phoenix and the other pilots. He starts to sing.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain! Too much love drives a man insane..." his perfect raspy voice melting me even though I'm a little in shock that this is the song he chose.

My dad talks a lot about the Bradshaws. The time they sing this song with the family gathered around, having the time of their lives. We all sing along with him.

"GOODNESS GRACIOUS, GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!"
I jam with Natasha and Bob and Payback puts a beer bottle to my face to use as a microphone. I do so while laughing until he turns to Bob doing the same thing.

I look out the window very briefly, seeing my father's defeated stature. I'm about to get off of the piano, but Rooster shoots one of his hands to my waist to stop me. He quickly puts his hand back to the piano, still singing with the crowd.

I point to where my father is, but he shakes his head no while looking at me pointedly. I settle back in and continue singing with him. My brain immediately goes to my father's story when the piano solo comes on. I don't think before blurting,

"Hey Rooster, you big Stud!" I yell then hear the laughs of the crowd, he looks me in the eyes and thankfully, he just smiles happily.

"That's me, darlin!" He yells with his twang.

"Take me to bed or lose me forever!" I lean towards him and grab his face before pushing his shoulders, but stay leaning towards him.

"Show me the way home, darlin!" He leans forward too and the crowd starts the chorus again.

"KISS ME BABY! MMMM THAT FEELS GOOD! HOLD ME BABY, I WANNA LOVE YOU LIKE A LOVER SHOULD! YOU'RE SO FINE! SO KIND, IMA TELL THE WORLD THAT YOU'RE MINE MINE MINE MINE..." we finish the song not too long after, and everyone cheers for Rooster. He does a little dance before grabbing me from the piano, pulling me outside as the crowd goes back to listening to the jukebox, all with a fresh buzz of energy.