Perspective

"That was intense." I say to Phoenix and Bob as we walk in. Bradley pats my ass in front of the crew before walking to the bar for drinks. They nod with frowns on their faces at my comment before teasing me.

"That was fast." Fanboy says.

"I so saw it coming." Phoenix says.

"Especially after The Hard Deck a few days ago." Yale chimes in and everyone nods in agreement.

"What do you mean?" I furrow my brows as I ask them. Was I that obvious?

"You two couldn't keep your eyes off of each other from the moment you got there, Wires. You shared that moment at the pool table," Bob says.

"He basically put you on display not even an hour after you learned each others names." Fritz says.

"You left together that night, you showed up together today," Phoenix continues. Yikes.

"He literally cornered you to his plane a few hours ago. I'm calling it. You two are going to get married and I will be your man of honor." Coyote finishes their collective rant. I sit there for a moment and think.

"Yikes. This is going really fast isn't it?" I say, contemplating the situation.

"Yeah, but come on, you've never been like this, and I know for a fact you wouldn't jump into a relationship without knowing it will last. You two, without a doubt, will last." Bob assures me. I look around to everyone, who all nod along with him. I shrug.

"I guess so, thanks guys." I say, grateful for them voicing their perspective.

"By the way, Bob would be my man of honor, Coyote. You'd be the flower boy." I say. Everyone laughs at Coyote's offended look.

"Oh, how's the planes flying for everyone?" I ask the group. They all give positive responses, but Hangman walks up to me, speaking lowly.

"Can we talk?" He asks. I furrow my brows in doubt, and see Bradley making his way to us.

"It's about my plane." He says, almost in a whisper. I nod quickly and we move a little ways away from the group. From the corner of my eye, I see Bradley stop in his path with a glare at Hangman.

"What is it?" I ask.

"When I was flying today on my second round, I didn't do any of the fighting, but I noticed my missle lock acting up. It was giving me tone at air. I wasn't near the ground, so there was nothing I could physically lock onto." He says. I nod, getting my phone out and texting one of my assisting AT's that stay on the base to check his targeting system, and that I'd be in early tomorrow to check myself.

"I'll sort it out. Thank you for letting me know. Otherwise, it's all good?" I ask. He nods with a smile. I smile back.

"Thanks Wires." I nod to him, before walking back to Bradley. I notice him ignore my walk up. I stop before I fully reach him, staying about 10 feet away. Phoenix notices my posture and looks in between Bradley and I.

I shake my head at her to not say anything. I stay where I am as Bradley begins to glance at me every few seconds.

"I'm not coming to you. You come to me" I say.

"Why did you walk off with him?" He asks tensely.

"Roo, I'm the head AT for this mission, you know that, yes?" He nods.

"When a pilot has a problem, they must report it to me." I say. His tense figure relaxes and he walks to me with our drinks. I look to Phoenix as she puts her head in her hands, then looking at me with wide eyes.
Boys, I know.

"Sorry." He says like a child.

"Communication, Rooster. Ya big stud." I smile slyly at him to let him know I forgive him. He nods with his own smirk.