The Beach

A few days go by, and we are informed in the early morning that we need to dress for the beach and that we are taking a day off of flying. Just what they needed, honestly. Phoenix and I choose matching outfits much to the shock of the boys, and very much pleasing my handsome man.

He eyes me as Natasha and I walk to the shore together, him rocking nothing but home made Jean shorts. He looks delicious of course. I throw a wink and an air kiss his way.

"Oh, my, darlin." He says, putting his hand over his heart, as if I've wounded him there.

"Hey handsome." I say as I check him out openly.

"You guys just can't help yourselves, can you?" My dad says as he walks past us with two footballs in his hand. Even though Bradley isn't keen on Maverick, he does recognize him as my dad, which leads to him blushing and awkwardly scratching his neck.

I should be at work still, but my dad convinced me to take a day off of fixing the planes, recruiting me as the second referee. I stand at attention next to Hondo as my dad explains dog fight football to everyone. Rooster is chosen as a team captain and some of the group mope about it.

"Your lil girlfriend is gonna go easy on you." Coyote whines. My man smirks at me.

"No way, Lt. Bradshaw. Your handsome face is under my thumb today. No playing dirty and no cheating." I glare at him. Everyone chuckles at my comment and the game begins, Hondo and I call touchdowns and the ends of plays. My dad eventually bails on his team after getting his only touchdown.

We start the game again after a minute and Bob catches the ball Bradley throws. Everyone cheers loudly for him and he's even lifted onto Bradley's shoulders in celebration.

We all agree to one more play, and it starts, both footballs being caught by me and Hondo. With our whistles in our mouths, we run down the middle of the makeshift field, being tackled by both teams.

As we're under everyone, I feel a random knee jump on my sternum, and I scream at the sudden pain. Immediately, I'm lifted from a hole in the pile, by none other than Bradley, who stands me up and checks me for injuries.

"Roo, I'm fine, someone just jumped on me weird. It lasted a second, I'm fine." I assure him and the team as they look at me with wide eyes. I see they still have Hondo under them. They relax as they realize I'm okay.

"Have a good night everyone." Bradley says, receiving the same phrase as he leads me to his blue jeep after we decide to leave together. The team heads to their own cars as well. He brings me home and I stay in his jeep as he turns the car off, looking at me in wonder.