Limits

I'm checking the planes after fixing the problem with Hangman's plane, when the very man himself walks outside.

"Bit early?" I comment.

"We're about to be briefed on the mission course, just came to check on my plane." He says.

"I fixed the targeting system and checked all the controls twice, it's ready for takeoff." I assure him.

"Thanks..." I can tell he wants to talk more, and he does.

"Do you know the story with your dad and rooster? Other than the fact that they'll eventually be in laws?" He asks, his cocky attitude making me sigh at the seemingly harmless question.

"That's no one's business other than theirs." I say. He nods sarcastically before walking to their classroom.

After everyone tries the course and fails, I go to start checking the planes but Hondo orders me to the classroom where everyone else is. I make my way there and see my dad at the front of the class.

He motions me to him and I end up standing to his left as he accosts the entire group, making them feel guilty for getting each other killed, talking about their families and their own funerals. He chews out Hangman before turning to Bradley.

"Why're you dead?" He asks the same question. That's when I learn he's the only one to make it through the course, a minute late. I zone out a little until my dad raises his voice.

"An F-18 against a fifth generation fighter?!"

"It's not the plane sir, it's the pilot." Rooster tries to stay calm.

"Exactly!" I jump at his voice, taking a step towards my dad.

"There's more than one way to fly this mission." Bradley tries again.

Hangman interrupts with his backhanded comments, and eventually goes as far as to bring up the way that Goose died.

Before Hangman finishes, Bradley is out of his seat, lunging at him. Everyone intervenes and pulls him back while he yells at Hangman.

"Rooster, hey!" I get his attention as he stops trying to get to Hangman. I stay on Bradley's front as he walks past us.

"You're all dismissed." My dad says . I nod for him to leave as I stay in the room with Rooster as he calms down, sitting on one of the chairs again. I stand next to him, running my fingers through his hair.

"He's a dick. He's just trying to rattle you so you'll sabotage yourself. Don't let him set your limits and boundaries." I remind him. He nods slowly. I invite him to stay over, which he accepts immediately, may be too fast, but I can't complain. He is a stud, after all. We make our way to my house, and climb up the stairs to my room where we immediately fall asleep together in my bed.