Chapter Fifteen: Worry

I stirred awake to the sound of a door closing. I was draped over the edge of the bed barely covered by the corner of a blanket. I pushed myself up to sit. Just as I was rubbing my eyes, the bedroom door swung open to two girls standing in the hallway. I shot myself back and yanked the blanket over my bare body. The force at which I flew into Billy made him wake with a grunt.
"Ugh! I told you she's fine" Max said to the girl next to her.
Max stormed away but the other girl waited a moment before following.
Billy sat up and wrapped an arm around my waist.
"You're still here" he groggily mumbled resting his head on my shoulder.
"Of course why wouldn't I be" I said nudging his nose with my cheek.
He pulled away from me and scooted to the edge of the bed.
"They usually leave by now" he said getting up and pulling on some boxers.
I left the bed and searched for my clothes. I threw on the silky top and began to wiggle the leather skirt up my legs. The skirt was considerably more difficult to put on than the night before. It must've been the summer heat making my skin stick to the leather. Billy noticed my struggle and tossed me a pair of plaid pajama pants. I slid the pants on and wandered out of the room. I was curious why the girls had been worried about me.
    I found them sitting on Max's bed. I knocked lightly on the open door.
"Hey can I come in?" I asked.
They stared at me. I leaned in the doorway and crossed my arms.
"I was just wondering why you guys opened the door like that. Is there something wrong?" I asked.
They glanced at each other before Max spoke up.
"We uh we saw Billy's car and thought that there had been a crash or something and wanted to make sure everyone was okay."
I didn't realize that Billy hadn't gotten his windshield fixed last night. I figured I should tell them how that happened. I explained the thing behind the car and they seemed concerned. Max asked multiple random questions throughout my explanation.
"Did it have a mouth?"
"Would you say it was dusty? Like it was made out of dust particles?"
"Was it growling? You know like a dog perhaps?"
To which I responded everytime with no. I described the mass of flesh the best I could but it was just that. A blob of what appeared to be skin, blood, and guts.
"You need to take us there" the other girl said.
"I have to work until five, but I can take you guys after that" I said.