Chapter Eighteen

{it's been a couple months since the last chapter lol sorry school has been taking up most of my time. anyways this is sort of a short chapter but don't worry there will soon be some action I promise}

Billy sat there still biting his his words.
"Billy I need you to understand that what you've done was wrong and you need to apologize to him."
"And how exactly am I supposed to do that?" he replied sarcastically.
"How about I talk to Max and figure something out", I said nudging him with my shoulder.
He finally looked at me, his eyes brimming with subtle tears. I gently cupped his hand in mine.
"We can take Max and Lucas to the arcade and you can apologize over pizza. How's that sound?"
He rubbed his sleeve over his face and stood up.
"Y-yeah thanks. I've got to get to work. Bye Sam." he said while clearing his throat.
I whispered a goodbye and watched as he sundered out of my room. I didn't know how to feel. I wanted to scoop Billy up and comfort him knowing what little I know about what he's gone through. But I could also feel the pit in my stomach growing larger with every interaction I had with him. He wasn't good for me. Maybe that's why I liked him so much in the first place. I was so used to everything I did being the "right" decision that I kinda wanted him to be a bad one. My teenage rebellion.

I plopped backwards onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it was almost lunch time. I gathered my keys and went to my car. I drove to Chrissy's house and we decided that we both needed a girl's day. We walked around the mall with slushies and corn dogs simply browsing the stores and people watching. Our final stop was a little ice cream shop called Scoops Ahoy. Nobody was at the counter so I rang the bell. No answer. I rang the bell again. Still no answer.
"Hey doesn't Steve Harrington work here or something?" asked Chrissy.
"Yeah and that one band girl. I think her name's Robin?"
"Oh yeah I remember seeing her at one of the games in the band. I wonder where they are?"
We left the mall and hung out at her house for the rest of the day, talking about the usual drama.