• Fourteen

Lady Kimberly would have snuggled her face into the warmth of his hand that obscured her from being hit were it not from the gasps and eyes that were trained on them.

She momentarily took a step back making Sir Arthur's hand fall from her forehead. She thanked him not meeting his eyes that inquisitively gazed at her.

He was just checking whether she was fine and the many eyes zeroed on them didn't bother him. Not that he noticed anyway, his attention was solely on her.

Kim nodded to tell him that she was alright. Content with her reply, he guided into the shop. It looked small at the outside but once they stepped in, Sir Arthur was amazed at how large it was.

It had several shelves all round that looked more like cabinets with the different drugs on display and their prescriptions noted beside them.

Sir Arthur noticed as she skimmed her eyes across the large shelves trying to spot something. From what he was observing, she knew how to read as she walked over to the right shelf after looking around.

That was something most ladies didn't have. Knowledge. The average lady wouldn't know medicine prescriptions even more read them. He had never encountered such a lady and not that he had  met any to begin with.

He followed her to the shelf she was standing at as she looked at all the drugs unsure of what to pick. She had never bought medicine before since she always prepared her concoction with the herbs she usually picked.

Kim frustratedly stomped her feet regretting having not asked James what drug was better before they left. She had been so keen on escaping Lily's wrath that she forgot to ask for the details.

Everything on the shelf would help calm Zaine so she stretched her hand to pick on the one at the center. There was no need to fret over what to choose when they all served the same purpose.

"The one on the left is more effective," a voice came just behind her making her almost smack her head into the shelves. She had forgotten she was accompanied.

Kim took the prescription he had recommended thankful that it was not on a higher shelf. She would have been disadvantaged then.

"Do you know about horses?" Kim asked as she turned to face him. After reading the small piece of paper attached at the side, she recognized some familiar names she knew.

She intently peered up at him awaiting his response already intrigued by his judgement. The drug was way better than what she had originally picked.

Sir Arthur stared back at her his mouth twitching slightly at the sides as if he was holding back a smile. She patiently looked at him and as if she suddenly realized it, Kim mumbled. "Of course you're a knight you know."

She looked away embarrassed facing the opposite direction. Her mind and body always failed to cooperate at all times she had met him.

"I wasn't going to say that," Sir Arthur said as he stepped beside her enjoying the moment.

Kim cocked her head to his side wanting to hear more. "I know a bit about western medicine," he replied noticing her eyes piqued at that.

"Really?" Kim found herself almost squealing as she gaped at him wide-eyed. She had actually stopped before him glancing up at him her previous shyness forgotten.

Sir Arthur nodded at her curiousness entranced at how such a thing would make her interested. It was like she wanted to hear more about it and her next statement proved that.

"Where did you study that from?" She asked still standing before him not aware that she had been obstructing the path to the other end and a few people were impatiently glaring at her back.