• Fifteen

Kim didn't understand how Sir Arthur's large carriage could now barely accommodate them.

The carriage was big enough to carry almost seven people but after they were settled in, she found herself occasionally bumping into Sir Arthur's side.

She had tried squeezing herself into the now small space without brushing against him but the road seemed to be bumpy making her hit his arm and utter small apologies every time she got in his space.

He appeared larger now that they were seated and he seemed to occupy the whole space his large hands placed on his knees over his stretched legs as he stoically looked outside.

Faye beside her chatted happily with Gwen over something she paid no attention to. It was quite surprising that they were not even arguing.

Bringing her back to the issue at hand, no matter how hard she tried to make herself smaller, she always ended up moving towards his side.

She thought he would soon kick them out once she hit his side again so the gripped on the seat firmly ensuring she didn't waver no matter the force.

Kimberly didn't realize she had been gripping the seats rather tightly as a low and concerned voice came beside her," Are you okay?"

She cast him a glance noticing his eyes were settled on her hands. She released her hold nodding and yet a minute later, she crashed into him.

"S-sorry," she squeaked removing her hands quickly from his arm where she held on. Sir Arthur just nodded as if it didn't bother before leaning forward and making room for her.

The last thing he wanted was to make her feel uncomfortable. He managed to take more space due to his large built but he wanted the ladies to feel at ease.

The sun lowered in the western horizon and birds chirped as they flew back to their nests retiring for the night.

Eventually Kim fell asleep due to the silence after everyone had gone quiet. She felt her eyes drooping every minute before she was completely out.

Heavy tapping came from her side before her arm was pulled rather harshly making her open her eyes and mumble incoherent words before closing them again.

She went back to sleep before another softer tap came on the other side and a familiar voice said, "We're here, Lady Kimberly."

The voice was nearer almost above her head and it was oddly soothing. She relaxed into it before lifting her head very quickly once she began to comprehend what was happening.

Her eyes widened slightly as she ran a hand over her face to clear any drowsiness. The carriage had stopped and they were outside their house. She glanced around looking for Faye who was no longer in the carriage. Gwen was also not there.

On her other side, Sir Arthur was still seated. His hands now held the wrapped remedy for her horse that she was initially holding. It must have fallen during her sleep.

Kim looked up at him apologetically before gasping as she realized that she had laid her head on his arm where her hands held the fabric of his shirt freezing him completely.

She released him immediately jumping at her own surprise her mouth opening then closing as she stared at her feet. She tried to say something but her throat was suddenly dry.

Kim sheepishly alighted the carriage after him trying to hide her flushed cheeks once he offered her his hand.

"Where have you girls been?" Lord Heather asked pointedly at the two ladies who seemed to be shivering in the cold of the night.