• Twenty-five

"Do you think that is fair?" Kim peeked up at him as he concentrated on applying cream on her elbow. It brought a cool relaxing feeling that had her almost sighing in pleasure.

Apparently she'd seen a poster by the wall about a competition. A horse riding competition to be precise and everyone was eligible to participate.

Kimberly however found it rather favorable to people like knights who were more experienced and could easily win. She thought that they had to be excluded to it.

"Maybe just a little bit," Sir Arthur replied as his eyes flicked to her face and back to her hand. If he lost his focus now, one of which he had been losing too quickly when she was around, he would end up pasting his own hand.

"If a knight won it could appear as show off you know," she watched as he wrapped up the cream back to its case.

"There are usually better riders," he replied lowly then sat beside her to wrap her hand. He had taken almost everything useful at the infirmary and if he were to be honest, he had never tended to anyone.

"Mmm," Kimberly hummed shrugging her shoulders about it.  She never took part in the competitions anyway.  Sir Arthur wrapped up her elbow area and leaned back in his seat.

"Would you like to participate?" He asked after a short while resting the palm his hands on his knees. He had never known such events took place. One of the results of him being antisocial.

Kimberly glanced at him then shook her head. "I've never considered partaking in them," she disclosed before a thud came from outside then the opening of doors and running steps came into the room. 

 They both stood up in alarm and Sir Arthur reached for her hand pulling her closer to his side as his eyes pinned the door entrance with a grimace.

A man walked in, and he could remember him as the guy who had approached Kimberly at the bookstore. Sir Arthur unknowingly pulled Kim closer and rested his hand on her left arm.

He raked his mind to recall his name without any success. The man walked closer to them staring at their close proximity and his hands on her. He flicked his gaze at Kimberly and Sir Arthur held back a snarl.

"Kimberly?" Sir Collins called from a distance not wanting to approach the unfriendly male beside her. Even from the store the other day, he always pinned him with a menacing eye.

"Have you seen Faye?" Kimberly asked shuffling her feet to stand straighter and move closer but Sir Arthur's hand didn't seem to leave hers.

"We have been looking for you," Sir Collins informed then added in worry, "Are you okay?" He looked at her bandaged hand rushing over to her side.

"Did something happen?" He stretched his hand to inspect the bandage then returned it back after careful consideration. He might be tending to some nasty bruises this evening.

"I'm okay," Kimberly assured him then turned to Sir Arthur. "Thank you for your help." She smiled sweetly then added, "I have to get back to Gerald."

She must have noticed the furrowing of his eyebrows so she quickly said, "My brother, he's a scholar." He nodded once but didn't release his hand from her.

"I'll take you," Sir Arthur responded calmly after her explanation. He tried to appear unbothered about it but the thought of her leaving with this male had him unsettled.

"Ooh, this is Sir Collins." Kim halted just as they began to walk. She looked at Sir Arthur then to Sir Collins. She had forgotten to introduce them to each other and she had failed to even notice the tension between them.