• Nineteen

Loud movement outside that sounded like a shrill noise had Faye waking up and sitting up abruptly. She looked around rubbing her eyes.

"Kim, you're awake!" She exclaimed once she saw her up and rushed to her unoccupied side. Her left side had been occupied since they came here.

Faye wasn't even surprised that the man was still by Kimberly's side. She guessed that he had been there all night.

His features didn't show any signs of fatigue but that wasn't something she could easily tell. He was too hard to understand, according to her.

"Mmm," Kim nodded glancing at Faye on her right who checked whether she was fine. It felt weird that she was up before Faye. She had never been awake this early.

The movement persisted and Sir Arthur excused himself from the ladies to check on what was happening.

He also brought with him the empty mugs scolding himself on the way out of how inconsiderate he had been. He thought everyone was used to the harsh life he had endured as a knight.

Giving a lady such a hot liquid to drink. He had to pay more attention to how other people carried out their things. Especially when he wanted to gain favor from them.

He had to be more careful and attentive next time he interacted with lady Kimberly. It would displease him if she got angry with him.

"Where are we?" Kim asked after he left. She was still confused about everything.

"Somewhere deep in the forest," Faye attempted to joke but with the serious expression Kim wore, she replied, "I really don't know, but I found the knights camping just a few meters away from where we stopped."

Kimberly remembered the strange behavior the horses had shown and Faye talking about a fire then anxiety took over her rendering her powerless. This must have been it.

She was grateful that they were safe though the thought of how things were back home, had her unsettled. Everyone must have been worried sick. They needed to leave immediately.

"What time is it?" Kim asked apprehensively a yawn escaping her.

"The sun rose a few hours ago, it's quite early." Faye answered.

They must have stayed away from home for more than fifteen hours. That was so long especially when no one knew of their whereabouts .

Her mother would be looking for them tirelessly all over without resting. They had to get back as soon as possible.

Sir Arthur walked back into the tent and glanced at the two ladies who looked up at him expectantly, "The horses are well, just moving around."

Faye thanked him as she stood up bringing her cloak closer to her, it was too cold for her to abandon it yet. If possible she'd have to borrow it. She went out to check on the horses. They would be leaving soon anyway.

"I'm so grateful for your kindness and help," Kimberly began to express her gratitude to him looking up to where he stood. "You have helped us so much that I do not know how to repay you." She added sincere in her words.

"It is okay, there is no need." Sir Arthur said, and then settled himself in front of her and searched her face for any discomfort. He wanted her to be comfortable in his tent.

"We must however leave, everyone must be worried at home." She continued not wanting to take much of his time. He was a busy man. She knew that.

"Are you fully well?" He asked assessing her with his eyes not wanting her to leave yet when she wasn't recovered. That was partly why- he also wanted to bask in her presence a while longer.