• Twenty-one

Sir Arthur was confused.

That was what he thought when he himself was infact worried. He had been pacing around in his room rubbing his jaw as his mind swirled with different thoughts.

He had been anxious about Lady Kimberly. After she left the mountains with her friend Faye, Sir Arthur had been concerned of their progress.

Sure, he knew the ladies could read maps. He had had a glimpse of that at the hotel room. He trusted their knowledge but he was still perturbed. Even after marking their current location on the map and arrow towards home, he was still helpless.

It had been three days yet it felt like eternity to him. The young knights were already back to the palace after their training was over and Sir Arthur was glad.

He needed to gather himself after his thoughts scattered since the night of the eclipse. It had taken a lot of effort in him to ensure that he maintained a straight face.

The door to his room opened and Gwen walked in with a glass of water in his hand. He had noticed his master's restlessness over the past day he'd come home.

It was even a shock to him that he came home as the young master tended to stay in the palace for the most of his stay.

"Here," Gwen ushered the glass to him in which Sir Arthur grabbed it hastily and chugged down the water in one gulp.

Gwen studied him for a while as he retrieved the glass from his hold before he broke it with how hard he was gripping it. "Lady Arthur asked for you."

He whipped his head to his direction then nodded stiffly. Gwen walked out shaking his head in disbelief.

Gwen was quite a resourceful man and after walking around town earlier that morning, he had heard some pretty concerning news.

His master had been seen carrying a lady in his arms.

At first his ears didn't register that not even believe it. Then he cornered one of the knights and that's when he almost believed.

His mind was still trying to process everything but after seeing the young master's anxiousness, he had come to believe.

He of course knew who the lady was but he'd kept his mouth shut.

His mother Lady Arthur must have noticed this too because she asked for him to be called to the front of the gardens where she sat enjoying the flowers blooming in there.

"How are you son?" Lady Arthur asked once he sat before her. She had just regained her energy thus she didn't move around much.

"I'm fine mother," he replied relaxing a bit as he leaned into the chair he was seated on.

"You seem tired, is everything well at the palace?" She probed further having noticed the change in his expressions for the last few days.

He was an only child thus as a mother, she was always concerned of his wellbeing and knowing him, he wouldn't say anything if he had an issue.

"All is well." He answered, lowly fleeting his eyes to the side. The day had stretched on and it was already afternoon, he sighed deeply.

"Okay, Gwen said you were headed somewhere so I don't want to keep you." His mother said smiling up at him as she held his hand rubbing across it.

Sir Arthur confusedly looked at her not remembering asking Gwen of anything though he wordlessly nodded.

He rubbed her hands back then stood up. "Get rest mother," Sir Arthur walked to the kitchens and asked the attendants to prepare his mother a meal and make sure she didn't tire herself in the garden.