• Thirty-nine

From her right side, Kim grinned at Gwen who strolled towards them with the unfamiliar man. "Good afternoon Gwen!" She was still pressed on Matteo's body, he didn't seem to want to let go.

"Good afternoon Lady Kimberly, how are you?" Gwen smiled watching his master's stinky eye on Wayne. The man had insisted on tagging along and being his friend too, he didn't object though Matteo looked sour.

"I'm very fine Gwen, pleased to see you here." Kim looked up at Sir Arthur as he stared off with the other man.

None of them spoke until, "Aren't you going to introduce me Arthur?" Kim was stunned and confused about them altogether. She had never met any of his friends.

"Kim, this is Wayne." Sir Arthur held her elbow as he pointed towards his friend. She smiled broadly and walked out of his arms taking a step ahead.

"I'm Lady Kimberly," she curtsied before him but Wayne stepped ahead and lifted her up to stand straight. "I'm Arthur's friend, Wayne." He took hold of her hand in a small handshake just as a shadow loomed over them.

Kim didn't fail to note that Wayne called him by his surname. They had to be close though she wondered why he'd never mentioned him. There was also a foreign accent coming from him.

"Sir, the carriage is ready let me help you." Gwen took the batch in Matteo's hands and walked towards the carriage a grin on his face. How seasons change, he thought.

Wayne looked between Arthur and Lady Kimberly a smirk present on his face. With how territorial Arthur was being, his hand around her, pressed to his side and the stern eye he was receiving, he knew she was the one.

He pretended to be interested in the plants growing around the path they were walking on whistling delightfully behind them as they headed towards the carriage. Thinking back, he'd claimed he wasn't involved with anyone. What a lie, he snarled as he helped Gwen turn the carriage around.

"Is it okay?" Matteo turned to Kim just after they'd entered a small restaurant. His mother had suggested the place claiming the meals were to perfection but her opinion still mattered to him. Gwen and Wayne were already ahead ordering.

"Yes, it looks comfortable." She swept her eyes over the tables and smiled up at him when she felt him take her hand. Just after the lady before them placed her order, Matteo ordered a bunch of things she had never heard of especially since she always ate from home.

They went out to take their seats and Kim blushed when he pulled out her seat out. She thanked him softly, squeezing his hand as he took his own seat beside hers.

In front of them, Gwen looked already comfortable talking animatedly with Wayne who was half listening. He grunted here and there his attention on the other duo. Kim smiled politely when she felt his eyes on her.

"You'll excuse my curiosity Kimberly," Wayne began and Gwen glared for cutting him short on the story he'd been telling. "I can call you that, right?" He'd not addressed her by a title and deciding to ignore Arthur, he turned to her.

"Yes, it's okay." She was already used to being called Kim so it felt okay even though they had just met. He laughed slightly smugly grinning at Matteo, "You're the first of Arthur's friends that I've met."

He added when she turned to Gwen, "Of course apart from him." He patted his shoulders briefly smiling broadly until Kim replied, "Matteo never mentioned you before." She didn't ponder on how blunt her words had turned out.

Gwen snickered as Matteo held a cough and Wayne's face went pale, he ran his hand over his face severally shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm so sorry, I meant-" Matteo pulled her back to her seat when she stood up to apologize. Served him right, he smiled inwardly.