• Forty-four

"When will I be meeting everyone?" Wayne had whined all morning around Arthur's house, his voice pitched wanting to unnerve Matteo till he got a response. Apparently Kim had promised to introduce him to her friends.

It was getting lonely with no other friends other than Matteo and Gwen who were not as vigilant as he was thus he kept on pushing Matteo to arrange a meeting with Kim's friends. The man had ignored him all morning so he devised a way out.

It was only two days since Matteo last saw Kim but he felt the urge to visit her especially with Wayne's nosy head peeking through his room frequently since morning.The man was so obsessed with meeting the girls.

He tidied his room, something that Gwen had always done but being idle enough he decided to tidy it. Nothing was required of him at the palace so he had no work. It was a relief actually because it meant he'd stay longer with Lady Kimberly.

His body however conflicted his thoughts and despite wanting to see her, a large part of him was insecure about what to do. Was Kim going to be comfortable with him acting all clingy? She was probably busy, he thought again but the urge to see her didn't shimmer.

It was only two days, he frustratedly tossed one of his shirts across the room and sat at the edge of the bed. He had to see Kim otherwise this day was going to be a waste. No matter what anyone thought, he missed Kim.

Just a second after his resolve, the door to his room flung open and Wayne walked in followed by his mother. With the loop sided grin Wayne send him, he was up to no good.

"How long will you stay cooped up in this room?" Lady Arthur scolded, her hands on her hips as she glared at her son. "Did you forget you have a lady to look after?" She continued, not giving him a chance to reply.

"Mother, I-" he tried to speak but she heard none of it. Wayne stood by the door in a fit of laughter as he got scolded of his lack of attention for Kim. Matteo could only wander what information he'd fed his mother.

"She might even end up forgetting you at this rate." His mother continued and were it not for the ringing of the doorbell, she would have gone on forever.

"I'll get that!" Wayne fled out of the room, away from the fire he'd just blown up. He opened the door to surprisingly see Kimberly. She laughing heartily with Gwen about something.

The two turned their heads when they heard him approach. "Wayne?" Kim tilted her head in surprise when she saw him. He appeared equally surprised as he shook her hand in greeting.

"He's always over," Gwen whispered to Kim to clear out her confusion. One would have assumed he was homeless. "I can still hear you!" He shot a glare at Gwen but smiled down at Kim.

"When do I see your friends?" Gwen grumbled about something and turned his back to him for a second. He caught the sight of Sir Arthur by the entrance and he appeared furious as he glazed over the duo.

"I actually came for that," Kim gave him a brief smile and Wayne almost jumped up and down like a child in ecstacy. His joy was short lived as Matteo bluntly appeared between them separating them further.

"Matteo!" Kim flung on him and wrapped her hands halfway around his large back. She had missed him dearly. He exhaled in her hold, planting his face into her neck and he pulled her closer when he felt her shiver.

She pulled away and his eyes went to hers that glistened in the morning sun. She looked just as lovely and Matteo cupped her face affectionately, "How have you been?" It was Kim who asked first.

Sir Arthur ran his eyes over her face and leaned over, barely leaving any space between them, "I missed you," he spoke his heart out having forgotten they had company.