Chapter 47 - The Cabin

Skylar

I'm literally gob-smacked. The room I am in, which appears to be the lounge area of this gorgeous log cabin home, is utterly breathtaking. The whole one wall is dedicated to a fireplace, with an intricate rock design framing it and going up the entire length of the wall. The ceiling is high, with two stories making up the structure. From what I can see, the second floor consists of various rooms, with a large wooden banister overlooking the area we are currently standing in.

Gorgeous brown upholstered couches adorn the space in front of the fireplace, the entire feel of this room screaming relaxation. Behind this area is a large, framed entrance leading into a massive kitchen with an island in the middle. The chairs surrounding one side of the island look out through a large window facing the forest, the perfect view to accompany any meal.

"Wow. This is straight out of a magazine Dmitri. It's stunning." I'm pretty sure my face says it all.

"It's just been recently built. I designed it." He says this so nonchalantly that I am reminded that this is probably normal for someone who has lived as long as he has. Lots of time to hone various skills and learn new things. I wonder how many degrees he has.

I look over at him, a blush creeping onto my cheeks as I take in this sculpted perfection of a man standing beside me. His body is all muscle, not an ounce of soft squishy that I have.

"I'm glad you like it." He says this with a hint of something in his voice I can't really fathom, as if my approval is necessary.

"Come, I need to get ready, but you can keep me company." He grabs my hand as tingles I haven't felt in days ignite my skin. I've missed this feeling. I move my gaze from our hands to Dmitri's unearthly green eyes.

"I missed you, Skylar," Dmitri says as he embraces me, his hand finding the back of my neck.

His lips touch mine, the kiss slow and sensual, both of us savoring the taste we have craved for days. My hands run a slow path up his back, fingers exploring the muscular landscape as his tongue enters my mouth.

The slow kiss quickly turns into something so much more, longing fueling the duel of our tongues. His hand at my neck holds me still as he assaults my mouth. He releases my mouth and starts trailing kisses down my cheek, jawbone, and neck. His tongue flicks out and licks the sensitive area below my ear, a shiver running through my body. I groan as his mouth latches onto my neck, kissing and sucking. I'm so aroused, my need for Dmitri causing me to clench my thighs as wetness coats my pussy.

He groans as he whispers my favorite words in my ear. "I can smell you, Skylar." 

His voice is huskier than ever, a growl reverberating through him as he takes a deep breath. I've had so many erotic dreams and fantasies about him, leaving me feeling unfulfilled for days, that those words nearly push me to climax right here and now.

I jump at the sound of a phone ringing.

Dmitri rolls his head back. His eyes close with frustration as he steps away from me, curse words flowing out of his mouth as he looks at his mobile lying on the coffee table. 

"Fucking timing," he mutters, a laugh escaping me. He looks at me, a smile creeping onto his face as he walks over and answers the incessantly ringing phone.

"Yes, Ivan." He is curt and all business, nothing in his tone revealing our intimate encounter. "I am almost ready. I will be out in fifteen minutes. On time." I can hear a muffled response from Ivan before the call is ended.

"I need to get ready. The other packs will be arriving soon." He looks like he is torn between going and staying.

"No problem, we can finish this...after the party," I smile. I know he has responsibilities, and I would never want to stand in the way of them.

"Come keep me company." He grabs my hand and leads me toward a passage on the right-hand side. We enter a room that may be the best bedroom I have ever seen.

"Sit anywhere you want. I can hear you from there," he says, gesturing to a door off to the right of the room.

He walks off, leaving me to take in the sight. A huge frameless bed is on a platform off to the left, with steps leading up to it running around the edge. At the end of the room is a small annexure with comfortable chairs, a small table in the middle, and a huge, framed window looking out towards a now-darkened forest. There is a beautiful wooden desk and chair in the corner adjacent to where I am standing, some papers neatly piled on the side. Next to the table is a bookshelf which I walk over to, curious about the type of books Dmitri reads, pulling me closer.

There are various business, stock market, and other analytical books on one shelf. The other shelf has worn books with a language I can't identify written on the side, along with some books on the history and genetics of various creatures, including humans. Another shelf has spiritual books, ranging from Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism, Paganism, reiki, divination, and many other related topics. The last shelf looks to contain a mixture of philosophical and art-related texts. It's really a mash-up of different topics. 

"There are many supernaturals here tonight, but just stay by my side, and it will be alright. If not with me, then with Ivan or Rene." His voice is coming from the door he had entered moments ago.

While in Spain, I had not broached the whole werewolf subject with Rene when we had spoken over the telephone. Dmitri told me that she was sent by the previous protector of the town's Alpha to investigate my possible involvement with the Hunters once my name was discovered to be circulating. When I arrived at the shop, she had been so apologetic for her deception and for hiding the truth from me. She explained, and I knew very well, that telling humans outright of the existence of their species was dangerous. I did wonder whether my relationship and interaction with her was genuine, but she had assured me it was.

While she was sincere, and I did believe her, a part of me kept feeling lonelier and lonelier with all the deception that seemed to be coming to light around me. Who could I trust anymore? I was so absorbed in my own thoughts that I nearly screamed when I felt a hand on my shoulder. The only thing stopping me is the tingles accompanying the touch.

"Geez, Dmitri, you gave me a fright," I say, turning around.

I nearly choke. Dmitri looks absolutely powerful and positively the most handsome man I have ever seen in all my life. He is wearing a dark grey tailored suit with a lighter grey waistcoat and crisp white shirt, with the top two buttons left open. While that may not seem so extravagant, the way it sits on this man accentuates his raw power, his physical form almost molding with what he is wearing. This 6'3", over two-hundred-pound pure muscle machine looks like he has just stepped off a runway and a Viking ship simultaneously. His hair is left loose but pushed back, some pieces falling forward. I, a mere mortal, still cannot fathom what the hell I am doing here with this god. Getting scorched seems to be the serving for the night.

"I have a surprise for you. A gift. Close your eyes." I do as I'm told while he gently spins me around so my back faces him. 

The next minute I feel something resting between my breasts and a thin chain placed against my skin as Dmitri latches a necklace at the back.

"Okay, you can look." There is a seriousness in his voice that has me intrigued.

I open my eyes before stepping in front of the full-length mirror beside the bookshelf. I can't help the gasp that escapes my lips as I look at the necklace Dmitri has just gifted me. The necklace looks antique, and I immediately know it is old. The delicately intertwined chain is not what elicits the gasp, but the pendant now resting between my breasts. There sits the most exquisite oval gem set in gold, the color of which is the exact combination of colors I see when I look at my scent. How can this be?

"It was my mother's. I've kept it safe for centuries, waiting for the right person to give it to. It comes as a pair. I have my father's one here." He pulls up a chain hiding beneath his white shirt. It holds the same color gem, a more masculine look, with a thicker chain. "I want the woman I love to have it." 

Please don't forget to vote and comment!