Chapter 8

3rd Person

2 days later

Graveyard

It's a very early morning in Kuoh. The sun is just beginning to break the horizon and bathes the city in morning light.

Peter got up extra early today to do something. First he went shopping for different fabrics and some circuits to make himself a new costume since his old one is a bit broken now.

After bringing the things home he came here.

Peter stands under a tree whose leaves and branches are moved by the wind. 2 meters from the tree are two tombstones next to each other. They are his aunt's and uncle's tombstones.

Peter looks down at the tombstones with a sad look. For the past two days, Peter's emotions have been on a rollercoaster ride. After he was finally able to lock up the murderer of his aunt and uncle, he doubted his actions. Was it really the right thing not to return the money to its rightful owner? Or.... should he have done more to the killer than brutally beating him?

No.

No, no, no. Peter is not like him. He's not a killer. He will never kill.

Suddenly he starts talking.

Peter: I don't know how to feel.

He's talking to the tombstones.

Peter: He's in prison.... he's getting his punishment.... but no punishment will ever undo what he's done.

Peter pauses for a moment and continues talking.

Peter: I'll never forgive him for what he did... I just can't... but... maybe someday I can accept it... and put an end to it.

Peter stays quiet for a while by the tombstones. Eventually he decides to leave and goes to school.

Timeskip:

Tutoring lesson

The school day is already over for today. After school Peter walked back to the old school building and started today's private lesson. Like two days ago, this tutoring session was very pleasant again.

Peter is really grateful to Rias. After Peter's old childhood friend, who moved away, she is the first person he really gets along with. She's the first person in a long time who's kind enough to talk to him out of interest. She's the closest Peter has to a friend.

Peter is currently walking through the corridors of the old school building. He briefly interrupted the tutoring session to go to the toilet. He walks back to the club room and looks around the corridors.

To this day he still doesn't understand why the inside of the old school building looks like a castle and the outside like a ruin.

In the corridor he stops when he sees a door. It's the door he didn't open during the first tutoring session. During the first few days he kept walking past the room and wanted to open the door. Somehow his interest in the room grew when Rias banned him from entering the room on their first tutoring session. Rias said that only she is allowed in this room and actually Peter respects that... but right now she is in the club room... and his interest in the room ist still there. A little look into the room doesn't hurt anyone.

Peter walks to the door. He looks around again to make sure no one is there. When he is sure that no one is there, he opens the door and enters the room.

As he walks into the room, he suddenly stops in shock. Peter didn't know what to expect in the room but he didn't expect that and the little otaku in Peter jumps for joy at the sight of the room.