Chapter 20

3rd Person

For a moment everything is quiet in the room. Nobody says anything and nobody moves.

Peter, Freed and Issei just look at Asia. She stands in the doorway between the living roomand hallway and holds her hand together close to her chest. A slightly nervous look is on her face.

Peter (thoughts): Asia? What is she doing here?

Peter asked himself. What's going on here? Why is Asia here? The silence in the room is broken by Freed.

Freed: What are you doing here? Have you finished preparing the trap Asia?

Freed asked in an angry voice. A little intimidated, Asia shakes her head as a no.

Freed: Tsk. Then get back to your post immediately. I want to have fun here.

He said applying pressure to the hilt of his sword. As Asia turns around to do what Freed tells her to do, she looks to the side. A man in a red and blue body suit is standing in the room and behind him sits a boy of the same age as her on the ground. Asia sees the strange boy holding his thigh with a sore face. She sees the wound in his thigh and how the blood is spilling out, staining his pants red.

Asia: Oh no. You're hurt.

Asia said in a worried voice as she runs towards him. Her caring side comes out.

But before she can reach Issei, Freed suddenly punches Asia with the back of his gun, right in the face. The blow is so hard and comes as a surprise to her that Asia falls face first to the ground.

Spiderman: No!

Peter reacts and shoots a web at Freed's face, pulling him towards him. When he gets close enough, he kicks him in the face and sends him flying across the room. Peter was so surprised that Asia was here that he stopped paying attention to Freed. As a result, he couldn't react in time when Freed attacked Asia.

He walks over to her and kneels on the ground.

Spiderman: Hey, everything ok?

He asked worried. Asia is such an innocent and tender girl and that guy just hits her in the face with his gun. Peter carefully turns her over so that she is no longer lying with her face on the floor. Her left cheek is slightly injured. She opens her eyes only to go into shock. Her gaze goes past Spiderman and onto the corpse hanging from the ceiling. She was in another room and didn't know what Freed was doing here. Peter follows her gaze and looks at the ceiling behind him. He knows it must be an even bigger shock to Asia that it was to him. Peter stands himself in Asia's line of sight so that she doesn't look at the corpse anymore.

Spiderman: Hey uhm, ma'am- I mean miss. I know this may come as a shock, but please don't focus on the corpse. Focus on me.

A little reluctantly, because it is difficult for her to look away from the corpse, Asia looks at the person in front of her. She is restless and scared.

Spiderman: Now, breathe deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth. Like me.

He shows her how to breathe to calm her nerves. Asia does what he does and breathes deeply in through her nose and out through her mouth. She does this a few times until she is visibly calmer. She's still a little scared, but she's no longer panicking.

Spiderman: Very good. Now slowly stand up. Here I help you.

Spiderman stretches out his hand for Asia to grab so that he can pull her up. Asia raises her hand to grab his. Just as she is about to take his hand, Peter's spider sense rings.

Instinctively knowing what to do jumps Peter high in the air and acrobatic dodges to avoid the bullets being fired at him. When he lands again, he looks in the direction the bullets came from and sees Freed standing again.