Chapter 22

3rd Person

Peter and Asia both look up at the sky.

The sky, once shine in an orange light, has turned pitch black. But it's not the night sky. The clouds and the stars are missing. The sky is just black.

Despite the black sky, the immediate surroundings are clearly visible. The wind that was moving the branches of the trees earlier has disappeared. The air is still.

Suddenly, the fallen angel falls down and lands on the ground. She lands a few meters away from the two.

Peter takes Asia behind him and she grabs his clothes but looks at Kalawarner from behind Peter.

The fallen angel looks at the two with a bored look.

Kalawarner: Come Asia-chan. You made me sad when you fled. You deserve a punishment for that. If you stop waisting my time then I will punish you. I'll be very tender.

Asia grabs Peter's clothes tighter. Fear spreads through her.

Asia: No, I-I don't want to help you kill others... and me.

Kalawarner starts to walk slowly towards the two of them.

Kalawarner: Your existence is vital to us. I'll take you with me either way. You can decide if you want to come with me voluntarily or if I have to force you.

Peter: Uh, hello, you notice me?

He asked her so that she notice him. She has ignored him until now. Kalawarner looks into the face of the boy standing in front of Asia.

Peter: If you want her, you have to pass me.

When Kalawarner is close enough, she stops. A small grin forms on her lips and a small "hmp" sound comes out of her mouth. Peter's spider sense suddenly rings in his head. In a blink of an eye, Kalawarner hits with one of her wings against Peter's head and sends him flying across the place.

Asia: Peter!

He hits the trunk of a tree and falls to the ground, groaning. His spider sense warned him, but it was a little too late. He couldn't react in time.

Kalawarner walks to the on the ground lying Peter.

Kalawarner: Some people try to play the knight in shining armor and they don't realize how stupid they are. Remember boy, in this world are the good-natured, lost idiots.

Before she can get any closer to Peter, Asia blocks her way with outstretched arms.

Asia: Leave him alone. He has nothing to do with-

Asia is interrupted by a slap from Kalawarner. Because of the slap Asia falls to the ground and loses her Ratchu, which fell out of her hand. Kalawarner walks closer to Peter.

Kalawarner: You were stupid to stand in my way, human.

She forms a spear of light in her hand.

Kalawarner: Now it's time to die.

Kalawarner throws the spear at Peter and tries to kill him, but before the spear hits him, Peter suddenly jumps up into the air and lands behind her. Surprising her, he kicks her in the back. Hard. A pain is spreading in her spine. The kick sends Kalawarner flying full force against the tree Peter crashed against. As she smashes her body and face against the tree, a sound of wood breaking can be heard.

This action surprised not only Kalawarner but also Asia, who saw everything.

Kalawarner supports herself on the tree and holds her aching head with her other hand. She turns around and looks at Peter. Kalawarner's tongue moves in her mouth and her eyes widen as she realizes something is wrong. Suddenly she spits on the floor. Beside bloody spit, Kalawarner spits out a tooth.