Chapter 23

3rd Person

Asia and Yuuma look at Gabriel with shocked faces. Gabriel, one of the four great Seraph's. The angel, who is described in the Bible as messenger between heaven and earth, stand in front of them with a smile.

Meanwhile Peter is also shocked but not because Gabriel appeared before them but rather shocked at how much power Gabriel has. A flick of her finger was enough to defeat all her enemies in the room.

Gabriel: There seems to be a lot going on here.

She said with a smile.

Asia: Y-You, you, you are...

Gabriel looks at the trembling, shocked girl standing behind Peter. Asia is about to collapse. The Archangel Gabriel, the angel she read so much about during her time in the church in Italy, the angel that was portrayed in a stained glass window in her church, the angel described in the Bible, is only a few meters away from her.

When Gabriel sees the shocked and nervous girl, an old memory comes back to her. The memory of a rejected little girl, alone in the world, looking for a home. 

Gabriel: ....Little Asia?

The smile fades from her face and is replaced by a surprised look on her face.

Asia: Eep!

Asia lets a startled sound escape from her lips. Does she know her name? How can it be that she knows her name?

Asia]: Y-You kn-know my name?

She asked nervously.

Gabriel walks a few steps closer. Asia continues to hide behind Peter. Gabriel gently pushes Peter aside so she can look directly at Asia.

With no way to hide behind Peter, Asia is getting more and more nervous. She nervously looks up at the taller angel.

Gabriel: Little Asia... you've grown so much.

A sad smile forms on Gabriel's lips.

Gabriel: The last time I saw you, you were a head shorter.

She says in a soft voice.

Asia: What? Y-You've seen me before?

Asia's nervousness is growing by the second. Her nervousness peaks when Gabriel suddenly hugs her and presses her head into her chest.

Gabriel: I'm so sorry little Asia. I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

Seeing Asia getting more nervous, Peter decides to help her.

Spiderman: W-Wait a minute, lady Gabriel, you know Asia?

He asked while slowly pulling Asia out from Gabriel's embrace.

Gabriel: Yes, I know her.

She said while still looking at Asia.

Asia: B-But where from? W-With all due respect, but I-I haven't s-seen you before.

Asia is confused to no end.

Gabriel: But I saw you... I looked from heaven to earth and saw what you did every day. All these souls whose suffering you have eased. All the people you healed, I've seen all of this... Until the day... I couldn't see you anymore... The day you were expelled.

A pained look crosses Gabriel's face. She wanted to do something then, but she couldn't.

Gabriel: The priest who expelled you for what you did did what he had to do. I couldn't do anything either... and had to let you go with a heavy heart. But Asia... I've wanted to reassure you for a long time that you didn't do anything wrong. You listened to your heart and saved someone in need, no matter what his species was... You just did it at the wrong time. If we had a real peace between our factions, then everything would have been different... I wanted to apologize. For all the suffering you had to go through, because of our faction.