Chapter 15

3rd Person

"Rias... is a devil?"

This line stuck in Peter's head.

Rias Gremory, the third year student, the school's number one beauty, the president of the Occult Research Club is a devil.

The blood in Peter's body freezes. An audible breathing can be heard from Peter under his mask. This realization hits him hard, very hard.

Rias' teleportation circle remains open and continues to emit a red light, causing the entire place to glow red. Rias looks at Spiderman. She knew that sooner or later she would have to meet him. He's in her territory, after all.

Rias: So you're this Spiderman. Thank you for saving this boys life, but I would like to ask you to step aside now. I have something important to do with him.

Spiderman doesn't answer. This revelation is still too much for him. His body is frozen and you can still hear his breathing.

Issei: S-Spiderman, hey Spiderman.

Issei grabs Spiderman by the shoulder and shakes him. Peter is torn out of his shock. He looks back and sees Issei's intimidated and fearful expression. Like Peter, Issei doesn't know what's going on here. He has to pull himself together. No matter what's happening here, an innocent person is in potential danger. Even if that's Rias in front of him, he has to pull himself together.

He turns his head back to Rias and swallows his saliva.

Spiderman: N-No. I'm sorry but no matter what you're up to, I won't just step aside.

Rias looks at Spiderman for a moment without saying anything. There is absolute silence between the two.

Rias: ...As you wish... Then I'll just erase your memory so you don't remember today and just take him with me.

Peter immediately takes a step back at Rias' threat. Rias raises her right hand, the symbol of her teleportation circle forms in her hand.

Before Rias can do anything, Peter is mentally quicker... and decides to flee.

He turns around, grabs Issei's belt from behind, and swings away while Issei yelps in shock.

Peter swings as fast as he can and swings back into the urban jungle. No matter what's going on here, he doesn't want to fight Rias.

As Spiderman swings away, Rias, who is still standing in the park, just looks after him. She stands calmly without appearing to pursue him. The Gremory sign in her hand disappears.

Rias (thoughts): Fine. There are other ways I can get to him.

Rias turns around and walks back into her teleportation circle and teleports away.

Scene Change

While Rias teleports herself home, Peter is still swinging around town with Issei.

As he lands on the roof of a building, he lets go of Issei, who first tries not to throw up since he's not as used to swinging as Peter is, taking a moment to settle his stomach.

Peter puts his hands on his head and walks back and forth.

Peter (thoughts): Devil. She is a devil. How can that be? Rias is a devil. That can't be possible. Devils are bloodthirsty, hateful, evil beings. Rias is none of that. How can that be?

Issei: Um, Spiderman?

Spiderman turns around and sees Issei, who has recovered from the swinging. He shakes his head and pretends he's not about to freak out.